Is it normal to actually be hungry more often

Options
RachelsReboot
RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
Is it normal to be hungry more often when you start eating more?

This is my 3rd increase. I started at 1200 went to 1600 dropped 5lbs, went to 1800 dropped another 10 and now I am trying to go up again because I've been stalled for several weeks but my activity level is very high (training 1-2 hours daily) but every time I up my calories it's like I am starving all of a sudden.

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    You are revving up your metabolism when you eat more. Sounds like you are probably a bit away still from what you should be eating.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the opposite to be true for me right now. I upped from 1500 to 1700 and dropped 5, but it's hard for me to get it in. I feel like I'm eating all day long. Right now I'm sitting at 1200 and wondering how I'm going to get 500 more calories in in the next 2 hours. I did not seem to have any trouble getting in my 1500. Weird.
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    i recently upped from 2050 to 2500 and i'm hungry more frequently, but now i actually get to eat food when i'm hungry :)
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm finding the opposite to be true for me right now. I upped from 1500 to 1700 and dropped 5, but it's hard for me to get it in. I feel like I'm eating all day long. Right now I'm sitting at 1200 and wondering how I'm going to get 500 more calories in in the next 2 hours. I did not seem to have any trouble getting in my 1500. Weird.

Oh I haven't got it all in yet! LOL I just am hungry now where as before I could go all day and not think about eating. I still have 900 cals left for the day and I know I won't make it LOL
  • TurboFireMama
    TurboFireMama Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Very interesting post. I am new here and have been on a plateau since October. I could barely shove down the 1600 calories I was set at for months...Not hungry at all.

I upped my calories yesterday and today and the later half of the day today, I am HUNGRY for the first time in month. Like I need to eat! I am hoping that is my metabolism sparking back up!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Heh you should try eating the 3176 calories a day I have eat...thats eating all day :p
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Since upping my calories, I think on most days, " I could easily eat more!" I wonder if I should up my calories to maintenance and just use workouts as my deficit. May consider that if I dont start losing in a week or so ( it's been 3 weeks of upping).

I do feel the hunger signals are signs of an efficient metabolism..so that's a good sign!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    2250 calories I have to eat is hugeeeee for what I'm used to. But since it's working...I eat!

But yes, for the past 2-3 days I've felt hungry and I also dropped 2 pounds. It's normal since our bodies now realise it's not going to starve anymore.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I hear ya!! When I upsed to my Cut, I was waking up in the morning just starving! Something I cant remember experiencing in a very long time.. and it was like every 2 hours or so my belly was telling me to feed it!