Options
2»

Replies

• petite66
    Options
    Hi,just starting!! Last year had thyroid cancer,removed it but through the process put on 15 lbs that are clinging with everything they've got!!
    Anyone else with thyroid weight??
    Would love suggestions
  • ncousinsdenney
    Options
    69 and still kicking. I am stuck in a rut and need to LOOSE WEIGHT. Starting by tracking everything here; also going to walk 2 hilly miles every chance I get; and lift a few 5 lb. weights. My problem is I start out strong, then after a time period (avg. of 1 week) I start to slack. Plan on sticking to it this time!! Lets go girls!
  • twobless2bstress
    Options
    Hi, I am new here also. I join 45 days ago. I have loss my weight in the pass by using the bypass surgery. Loss down from 388 to 180. But after a few years.... I went back up to 285. Did not learn how to correctly eat. Compared to weight watchers, I'll give it a number 10. This program got everything......and it does all the work for you....not like weight watchers where I had to look up points for everything I ate! I am now down to 270. I love how I can go to any restaurant and calculate what I want to eat....it let's me know if the calories are okay. Glad to see you on the best site ever! Luv to have u as a friend.
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Niki and my age is 69 years, 6 months, 5 days (heehee). I am also over 250 pounds ... and still smiling on most days.

Been a member of MFP going on 2 years and still seem to be struggleing with the same issues I was back then. Post almost every day to my food diary and keep a very private blog for my rants (which help keep me emotionally on an even keel but I wouldn't want anyone to read them.)

Say almost because sometimes I miss a day online and have to catch up ... have found that if I don't post daily that one skipped day can turn into a few weeks ... or even months of not doing it. That's when I find myself sliding back into bad old habits and start to regain some of the weight that I worked so hard to take off.

Thought that maybe joining a group that is more in line with my own age would be both helpful and interesting ... and so, here I am joining this group. Sometimes (almost always) I talk too much and can get off on a tangent ... but I suspect if I do that on here that I'll soon be taught by other members to cut it short. Looking forward to this .....