Sweets

Options
basenji
basenji Posts: 208 Member
I love the medifast program but I wish there were more items that didn't feel like treats or sweets. I tried the chicken wild rice soup and the chicken noodle and I really did not like the taste...so it made me afraid to try the other soups. Do you think it would be ok if I had some canned soup like the 100 calorie Healthy Choice soup to replace one of the 5 (every once in a while)?

Replies

• rosesandsuch
    rosesandsuch Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Have you tried the chili? I think it tastes better than either of the other soups you mentioned. :)

What you are saying makes sense, but from what I understand about Medifast meals, they have a lot more fiber and protein in them than most other healthy foods because they are made to promote quick weight loss, so in my opinion it might not be the best idea to go for the Healthy Choice soups. You could probably still lose weight, just not as quickly.
  • gardengirlkp
    gardengirlkp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I alternated between sweet and savory MF meals, that seemed to helped. Savory- bbq bites, chicken noodle soup, and chili. I also made a lot of savory lean and green meals- turkey chili, Jamaican Jerk seasoned chicken breasts ( check your brand for low sugar for that spice.

Good luck. Once I transitioned and on maintenance, I go more for savory than sweet, with some sweets thrown in, but more savory.
  • dellamac
    dellamac Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The vegetarian sloppy joes are very good as well as the chili. I don't quite care for any of the other soups either. I am in week 15 and find my self eating the pretzels and a side salad for lunch. I just can't quite seem to be satisfied with any other option.

When looking at the can soups, make sure you watch the sodium level. Those things are usually packed full of it. Also, the sugars are usually high.

Good luck.