Proof of this method????

Options
twoboys2012
twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
Any one on here have results/pics/measurements from doing this method only???

I am interested in how long it took you as stated that it is a slow process and granted it is better for your body but I was after some visual motivation if you know what i mean. As it is a matter of getting yourself mentally prepared to increase your numbers.

I noticed that there is a thread of before and afters but none of them state if it was this method only or whether it was from the original way of doing it on MFP.
Thanks

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    This 'method' isn't that different than MFP. It's easier to make a mistake entering info and selecting proper goals when using the MFP pre-made system. With EMTWL, it's simply giving an individual some perspective. Instead of thinking '1200 is the magic number, whether I'm 120lbs or 320lbs'; it's about having a reliable way to see where a healthy goal is and a sustainable one as well.

Check out any threads on long-term members who have lost weight eating 'more'. I started a thread myself about it a while ago and there are tons of great ones out there.

The EMTWL isn't a completely different than MFP system- it's a different way of figuring out your data and using it. If you don't know what your TDEE is, then how can you know if the recommended cals that MFP is giving to you (based on your input) is even healthy?

I view it as being informed, having perspective, checking expectations of 'biggest loser' style weight loss and having a sustainable life-long shift in the relationship with food.

Here's the thread I started-
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/531086-before-and-after-pics-no-starvation?

Another one I visit sometimes-
    www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506349-women-who-eat-more-than-1800-calories-a-day?
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    Thank you for that ... that makes sense now ... I worked it out and I am only scared of upping my numbers which is stupid really i know but I get really discouraged when i get a gain and scared S**tless of putting on when i do up my numbers. I have decided to increase weekly and will be there in 3 weeks.

The way you put it is right ... MFP auto numbers are so generic that of course why would they be for everyone and when you do work it out it is a lot lower than the one i got.

Many thanks and i just need to find away around my mentality to accept somehow till i get there and see proof
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    You can friend me and and look at my pics in my profile I am not sure how to load them into a thread. I started 6 weeks ago and have only been doing this method and strength training. Before this though I had a bad metabolism due to not eating enough because I just didn't pay attention to what I ate and when I ate. I only ate lunch and maybe a snack and then dinner for a total of around 1200 calories a day if I was lucky.

Measurements

Weight B/30days
    127/128
    Waist
    33 3/4 / 31
    Lovehandles
    35 / 33 1/2
    Hips
    39 3/4 / 39 1/4
    Chest
    36 / 35 1/2

This was at 30 days and I am now two weeks past that and have lost even more inches I think another 1/2 inch each around my love handles and waist, and another inch around my hips.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that ... that makes sense now ... I worked it out and I am only scared of upping my numbers which is stupid really i know but I get really discouraged when i get a gain and scared S**tless of putting on when i do up my numbers. I have decided to increase weekly and will be there in 3 weeks.

The way you put it is right ... MFP auto numbers are so generic that of course why would they be for everyone and when you do work it out it is a lot lower than the one i got.

Many thanks and i just need to find away around my mentality to accept somehow till i get there and see proof

Always happy to help. It's easy to think that EMTWL is something new or some sort of 'fad' diet- when really it's just math put in an easy to understand way. Most weight loss ideas thrown around that get this much momentum usually have some sort of gimmick or hook- and with EMTWL... it's really just numbers and some perspective. :) Nothing really fancy lol

You're right - it is absolutely terrifying to up our cals. What I did that really helped me was to enter in a common day from back when I was overeating. I thought I was running around 2000 maybe 2200 cals a day. I entered in all the food I would eat (a couple beers, a pizza and some breadsticks, a lean cuisine, a snack and a hot pocket or something) and it totaled up to over 3500 cals. BIG difference than what I thought I was eating. So upping my 'diet' cals to 2300 was a lot less scary then. Maybe something to try for you :)
  • twoboys2012
    Options

Always happy to help. It's easy to think that EMTWL is something new or some sort of 'fad' diet- when really it's just math put in an easy to understand way. Most weight loss ideas thrown around that get this much momentum usually have some sort of gimmick or hook- and with EMTWL... it's really just numbers and some perspective. :) Nothing really fancy lol

You're right - it is absolutely terrifying to up our cals. What I did that really helped me was to enter in a common day from back when I was overeating. I thought I was running around 2000 maybe 2200 cals a day. I entered in all the food I would eat (a couple beers, a pizza and some breadsticks, a lean cuisine, a snack and a hot pocket or something) and it totaled up to over 3500 cals. BIG difference than what I thought I was eating. So upping my 'diet' cals to 2300 was a lot less scary then. Maybe something to try for you :)

Thanks ... i think it is more the fact that MFP told me that my 'maintenence' calories was 2000 and EMTLW wants me to eat even more than that ... but like you said who said MFP is right ... great way of looking at it though. And yeah ... if i look back at one of my 'old' days I was out of control.

What do you reckon will happen by upping my calories over 4 weeks to get to my goal calories???
  • twoboys2012
    Options
    You can friend me and and look at my pics in my profile I am not sure how to load them into a thread. I started 6 weeks ago and have only been doing this method and strength training. Before this though I had a bad metabolism due to not eating enough because I just didn't pay attention to what I ate and when I ate. I only ate lunch and maybe a snack and then dinner for a total of around 1200 calories a day if I was lucky.

Measurements

Weight B/30days
    127/128
    Waist
    33 3/4 / 31
    Lovehandles
    35 / 33 1/2
    Hips
    39 3/4 / 39 1/4
    Chest
    36 / 35 1/2

This was at 30 days and I am now two weeks past that and have lost even more inches I think another 1/2 inch each around my love handles and waist, and another inch around my hips.

nice work ... you have done so well ... thanks so much for sharing ... just skeptical that it can I can be able to eat so much ... hehehe ... probably just that i have been so low that it looks so much ... :)