30's Weekend - 04/28-29

Options
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

Replies

• PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    The weekend is here at last, phew. I've just had a nice breakfast and then it's off to the gym for an early sesssion. Off to see my better half after that. There will be limited opportunities to work out but hopefully i can get some walking in at some point this weekend. I stand by the week i've had at work though. Next week should be easier and with any luck i can get 4 sessions in. So what's everybody upto this weekend, anything fun?
  • Blueyz82
    Blueyz82 Posts: 151
    Options
    Today is going to be rough, I can just tell. Sooo tired and sore and have to work 10 hrs :yawn:

Tonight is date night!:happy: so that should we really fun! We are making pizza. I made a pizza the other day so that I will know my calories and measurements for the toppings and such and not be obvious about it! LOL. Then we will relax and watch a movie or two! Sweet guy, gentleman! :smile:

Well, gotta work on inventory all day today...BLAH! So, I logged all my food and hopefully I remain good and don't eat chocolate or anything else I shouldn't be eating!

My day off seems forever away! Tuesday

Have a great day everyone! :smile:
  • BishopSmurf
    BishopSmurf Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This weekend approaches with both excitement and dread. I have joined a men's wooden bat baseball league here in Nashville. Because of rain and scheduling conflicts i have only been able to practice a couple times, and spend a few hours in the batting cage. Our season opens up next week. I turn into a 6 year-old boy when i put on my uniform. I am giddy, running in little circles all the while trying to look the part of a baseball player.

The dread... I have not played for over 7 years and my body is not what it used to be. 1st to 3rd is a lot longer at 38 than it was at 17. I also don't want to look like a jacka$$ kicking ground balls and striking out every at-bat.

That all said, between sucking wind the last practice and my wife's commitment to her diet and fitness plan i have started to really try to eat right these last couple of weeks. MFP and many here that may have never seen me lurking in the message boards and over my wife's shoulder have been a great help in getting me started on the right path.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Awww . . . sniff, sniff. :ohwell:

BishopSmurf, AKA Todd, AKA my husband, is really doing well - I'm so proud of him. If I had to guess, I'd say part of the reason he's getting involved is just to see what I'm up and what the heck I'm talking about all the time. :wink: I love this site, and especially this group.

I look forward to logging on everyday just to see what you're all up to, what challenges you have, what you have learned . . . it helps. You're all incredible people and I think we can all rock at this getting fit business, especially when we have each other to "lean on".

Enough with the sentiment - today is a gorgeous day in Middle Tennessee which means I get to walk the trails!! :happy: Cleaning up around the house, cooking, laundry, maybe finally get around to coloring my hair . . . inch long salt and pepper roots in copper hair is not a good look for me. :tongue: Who knows . . . I may get REALLY crazy and give myself a mani/pedi. We will also be making our "big" shopping trip to the big box store . . . Costco. We always stock up on peanut butter, pasta, marinara, frozen meats and veggies, cereal, rice, etc. They have a big pack of ready-to-drink protein shakes there . . . I'm wondering if they are any good. I'd hate to buy 20+ shakes that suck . . . anyway, happy weekend all!
  • camsmommy2008
    Options
    Susan if they have the myoplex lite protein shakes (milk choc) that come in a purple box they are fantastic!!!!! I love them :)
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Susan if they have the myoplex lite protein shakes (milk choc) that come in a purple box they are fantastic!!!!! I love them :)

Thanks for the tip!!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ran my race today! It was WAY hillier than I expected, ouch! Right in the middle there was a ridiculous hill that I had to walk the last 50 yards of, but other than that I ran the whole thing! Total time 37:24 (12 min/mile) and I finished third in my age bracket. Never mind that there were only 10 ladies in my age bracket :tongue: Man am I sore! Oh, and fat jiggles WAY worse downhill :laugh:
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Ran my race today! It was WAY hillier than I expected, ouch! Right in the middle there was a ridiculous hill that I had to walk the last 50 yards of, but other than that I ran the whole thing! Total time 37:24 (12 min/mile) and I finished third in my age bracket. Never mind that there were only 10 ladies in my age bracket :tongue: Man am I sore! Oh, and fat jiggles WAY worse downhill :laugh:

Congrats on the race and running the whole way (hills are terrible, I don't think we have to count them)!

.....and fat jiggles worse downhill, lol! but I will agree with that, why is that I wonder?
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Having a ridiculously fitness filled weekend so far. I got up and went for a run this morning and then went to my first tennis lesson which was really fun! Turns out there are only four of us in the class so we all got a lot of personal attention and help. Right now I fell like I can barely walk so I think I'm going to be pretty stuck to the couch for the rest of the day today. I also headed up north to have lunch with a friend and ate at this really tasty vegetarian restaurant. Had a protabello burger and really good fries (figure I've burned enough today to make up for fries). Afterwords we went and got our registration done for the Bolder Boulder so like it or not I am running a 10K on Memorial Day! I also picked up a "Sea Level is for Sissies" T-shirt at the registration, I just couldn't resist! Someday I will have to go run at sea level and see how much of a difference it actually makes to train at altitude.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far! (sounds like you are :smile: )
  • Blueyz82
    Options
    Awww . . . sniff, sniff. :ohwell:

BishopSmurf, AKA Todd, AKA my husband, is really doing well - I'm so proud of him. If I had to guess, I'd say part of the reason he's getting involved is just to see what I'm up and what the heck I'm talking about all the time. :wink: I love this site, and especially this group.

I look forward to logging on everyday just to see what you're all up to, what challenges you have, what you have learned . . . it helps. You're all incredible people and I think we can all rock at this getting fit business, especially when we have each other to "lean on".

Enough with the sentiment - today is a gorgeous day in Middle Tennessee which means I get to walk the trails!! :happy: Cleaning up around the house, cooking, laundry, maybe finally get around to coloring my hair . . . inch long salt and pepper roots in copper hair is not a good look for me. :tongue: Who knows . . . I may get REALLY crazy and give myself a mani/pedi. We will also be making our "big" shopping trip to the big box store . . . Costco. We always stock up on peanut butter, pasta, marinara, frozen meats and veggies, cereal, rice, etc. They have a big pack of ready-to-drink protein shakes there . . . I'm wondering if they are any good. I'd hate to buy 20+ shakes that suck . . . anyway, happy weekend all!

Aww...you are so sweet! I love this site and the group too! It has helped soooo much having the extra support! I too look forward to logging on every day. lol, this is like my new facebook! :smile:
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Aww...you are so sweet! I love this site and the group too! It has helped soooo much having the extra support! I too look forward to logging on every day. lol, this is like my new facebook! :smile:

This is the new facebook with a healthy twist!
  • Blueyz82
    Options

This is the new facebook with a healthy twist!

It sure is! :)