How you know this way of eating is right!

I have been eating religiously at my goal-weight calories for 4 weeks now.

I decided yesterday to save 250 calories I had left for a meal out for my mum's birthday tonight, mainly because it will be late evening and I don't know what the veggie carvery option is and will be having pudding & wine!!

anyway I was fine all evening didn't really think about it, then later reading in bed and my stomach was growling at me!! I had to get up and eat those calories!

Since I started on mfp in january I have written down little feelings/ideas of my journey and 'hungry @ bedtime' isn't something I have written since I upped to goal-weight maintainance calories.

This has shown me that this way of eating is definately the way to go, my weight has started to drop this week as well : )

My calories will most likely be over today but I'm fine with that because I know this is me for life now and meals out with family are normal things to be enjoyed without feeling guilty : )

Replies

• HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    I have been eating religiously at my goal-weight calories for 4 weeks now.

I decided yesterday to save 250 calories I had left for a meal out for my mum's birthday tonight, mainly because it will be late evening and I don't know what the veggie carvery option is and will be having pudding & wine!!

anyway I was fine all evening didn't really think about it, then later reading in bed and my stomach was growling at me!! I had to get up and eat those calories!

Since I started on mfp in january I have written down little feelings/ideas of my journey and 'hungry @ bedtime' isn't something I have written since I upped to goal-weight maintainance calories.

This has shown me that this way of eating is definately the way to go, my weight has started to drop this week as well : )

My calories will most likely be over today but I'm fine with that because I know this is me for life now and meals out with family are normal things to be enjoyed without feeling guilty : )

I like your healthy attitude towards calorie counting, everyone deserves a little treat now and again. Enjoy your meal out. :drinker: