Thought of Quitting?

Options
What is the number one thought that has kept you going? For me - the thought of quitting, then checking the site at the end of June to see that everyone of you has blown past me and reached your goals while I was eating pizza and sleeping late (competition can be healthy - right? :laugh:

Let's all hang in there. This group has saved me on more than one occasion of weakness, and we're going to stick with it for each other.

Replies

• gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I don't want to sound obnoxious, but I have not considered quitting (yet, that is...I've only just completed week 5...lol). Generally, these boards have contributed to my focus and commitment, for sure. Community is such an important part of a program like this.
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I haven't thought of quitting either. I am loving the changes I am seeing in my body and I get excited to try the next level of dvds. Having a set schedule definitely helps. In the past when I have started then stopped a workout program, it was because I had no set schedule. Once I'd miss a workout, I would pretty much quit.
  • court122383
    Options
    Yeah... I'm with you guys! I'd never quit.. I'm restarting when I'm done! I feel too good, Nd my bode and strength has changed too much.. So that's what keeps me going :) plus all your guy's support! :)
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought of quitting either. There are definitely some exercises I don't exactly love but I like the changes I'm seeing in my body so far!!

Plus, I love this group....so much encouragement and support! Sometimes if I'm feeling kind of down, I'll just log in and see everyone's awesome workouts pop up in my feed and it brings me right back to why I'm here!!
  • radioraven
    radioraven Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have thought of quitting, I have had those bad thoughts that I cannot do this anymore, Jillian is crazy, I wasn't seeing progress fast enough, but I am holding onto my 90 day commitment! Just takes a pep talk here and there somedays. :happy:
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    To your original question, what keeps me going is that I know this will work. I continue to remind myself of how much I've changed in just 5 weeks and how much more I could and will change in 5 more weeks and another 5 weeks, and so on. I remind myself why I'm doing this program (leaning on Jillian's motto that if you have your "why", you can tolerate any "how"). In addition, the support and connection through this group also provides that extra "something" needed to continue on.
  • jap6955
    jap6955 Posts: 12
    Options
    I started 4/23 and quit after just 3 days. My work schedule is insane. I know I have to put me first what is an extra 30 min a day of exercise when i already worked 14 hrs. I have to keep my eye on the prize my wedding dress. So today I will start again and keep going! After the wedding I plan to keep up with 4 days a week.
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    How about the fact that you plunked down $140 for the program? Plus dumbbells if you didn't have any.
    You must have purchased it for a reason? What was it?
    Write it down in a big Sharpie Marker and focus on THE REASON. You want to look awesome in your wedding dress? Sounds like great motivation to me!

If I didn't have a set schedule in my head for exercise, I wouldn't do it. I know that at 2:30 every day, right after I get home from work, I will spend that 30-40 minutes. If I just let myself say "I'll do it later", later will never come, then I'd be frustrated and throw in the towel.

You can do this!
  • allibean15
    Options
    I thought of quitting...today in fact:embarassed: And I am only two weeks in. I am just feeling so tired lately and not seeing any results has been a bummer. But I am only beginning week three and am trying to stay positive. It's early on yet and my eating hasnt been great either. I like hearing about everyone else's results. I didnt love todays workout (phase one week three) but I also dont know anything about yoga and seemed to be a lot of that today. And I cannot do a single push up the real way! Yikes!
  • Moniquifee
    Moniquifee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I actually started JMBR earlier this year and stopped after the first week (I didn't consider it quitting b/c I planned to restart at a later date LOL.) It wasn't until I thought of looking for people on MFP who are doing it and at the same stage of the program as me that I actually got really into it. I'm not the best at logging calories for food and excercise but I do keep up with it (in my head and HRM) I don't even really post all that much and I've been a member for a while now. I just log in and see what everyone else is up to. And it keeps me going. I won't lie and say there are days when I may not get to it. But I will either double up another day or say that was my rest day and make sure to work out the rest of the week including Sunday to catch up. I think I might sing a different song if the workouts were longer though!