Should I change my activity level for the summer?

Options
LoveLiveLift
LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
Hey! Sorry in advance if this is a stupid question, but I keep going back and forth.

Here's the back story. I upped my cals to 1800 around February. I ate around 1800/day and never less than my BMR. I lost 3 lbs at the beginning and since then I've been maintaining around 143-145. I recently upped my cals again to 2000 every day and have been feeling great and have continued maintaining (been at this goal for about 2 weeks, now). During the fall/winter I'm a student and I calculated my calorie goal based on "moderately active plus moderate exercise 3-4 days/week".

Here's my problem. Now that I'm out of school, I'm back to working full-time. I'm a nurse's aide, so I'm constantly moving and only sit down during my breaks. I wore my HRM to get a picture of how much I burn during a normal 8-hr work shift and it came out to about 1600 cals.

I normally lift with the NROL4W plan 2x/week, and run 4x/week. Weekday runs are 3-5 miles and weekend are 7-10 miles, currently.

Should I change my activity level and up my calories again? Or should I just stay at my 2000/day for right now and adjust if I start to lose too quickly? I'm conflicted because I want to stay consistent for awhile with my 2000 cal goal to see how that works since I've only been at that goal for a couple weeks.

Thanks!

Replies

• wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would stick with your current calories for a while and see what happens, up if you start losing too fast. But then again, I'm a newbie to this eating more concept, so hopefully one of the more knowledgeable ladies will come along soon :)
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    Thanks! That's what I was kinda thinking.
  • LoveLiveLift
    Options
    Bumping...anyone else?
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Typically, I wouldn't recommend changing up the cals too much at the beginning, especially if it's just like a higher day than usual here or there, but if that is going to be your actual activity level for the next few *months*, then, yes, I'd recalculate w/your current activity level, and up the cals accordingly.

~Kiki