Spirit crushed by trainer, must rally

Options
2»

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    oooooh, you need to take some of those new found muscles and show him what strength you do have behind that fist of yours. :explode:
    oh, maybe that's the wrong response? right.....maybe I need to go do some yoga....

Yoga later, you're in the posse!!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I don't know how I missed this thread. I tell you, the hard sell at the expense of someone's feelings....ughhhh! So sorry you had to go through that. He must have missed the section in his training course on Human Behavior and Motivation.
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    WeCallThemDayWalkers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I think he must've! His "gym-side manner" was no bueno.

I think I'll keep lifting heavy stuff! It makes me feel strong and if I do hire a trainer I'll be sure to inform them how I want to do things.

I feel so much better with an army of pi$$ed off women at my back! Strong ladies, all of you. :heart:
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Honestly he was probably there to try and sell more gym memberships or training programs rather than actually tell people how well they were doing. He probably said something negative to everyone to create a problem in their mind and increase their supposed need for more fitness. Thats how marketing works you create a need in the consumers mind so they think they need the product or service and so they purchase it. It sounds like the fitness expo was more of a marketing ploy than anything so I wouldn't worry about it. Your measurements are fine and if you know in yourself that you have made progress than thats all that matters.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I agree with everyone else - first class *kitten*, and just trying to get you to sign on. It sounds like you've made amazing progress and made changes that are working for you. Keep up the great work, and remember while there are definitely tried and true methods, you need to do what's right for you! :smile:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I think he must've! His "gym-side manner" was no bueno.

I think I'll keep lifting heavy stuff! It makes me feel strong and if I do hire a trainer I'll be sure to inform them how I want to do things.

I feel so much better with an army of pi$$ed off women at my back! Strong ladies, all of you. :heart:

Yes hun, you keep doing your thang! If you are ever looking for a wonderful program that can be done at the gym with a tiny bit of effort, look into Cathe STS program....now I lifted heavy (for me) before but she has really helped in the complete toning of the muscles. She has helped me see some of the deficits in my routine...helping to achieve more balance in the muscles. Just an amazing program!
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    Thanks! I will certainly look into that one :)
  • junebug523
    junebug523 Posts: 196
    Options
    This guy told me to never eat noodles. Screw that. No one takes away my pad thai. NO ONE!!

Bwahahahaha! I would work up a rage too if someone tried to take away my noodles! Moderation, moderation is the key...
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I just gotta say, I got my spirit crushed by a guy at my BBq party. He told me that I had looked hot for about two weeks, following a crash diet, and now I "look my age."

I`m 37, it aint so bad. But he`s 26 overweight and bald, where does he come up with the cajones?

Some people! Sheesh!
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    Holy crap!!! That DOES take some cojones! What a jerk :(
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Don't be embarrassed about crying. I know I would have been crying too.

He doesn't know all that you have accomplished. You should give yourself more credit! You are doing a great job!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I missed this thread before, but I agree with those who've stated that he was obviously trying to use it as a sales tactic, to make you "see" why you "need" him. :grumble:

As a trainer, I'm appalled *for you* at the thought of that type of work ethic. I'm not sure where he received his training, but the training that I received was based solely on helping a person to become self sufficient, to the point where they DON'T need you anymore. Not treating them as a mechanic would, and trying to find more and more things wrong, so that they can continue to come back/depend on you. (no offense to mechanics in the group, lol)

The point is to help people, not tear them down. That's why we spend so much time in this group, helping people to find the way that works for THEM, not doing it OUR way.

When a person becomes self sufficient, they can have success for a lifetime, not just a quick fix that they have to keep coming back to you for (or as I like to say that "crack" in which you are the "dealer" who keeps enticing them to seek that first original "high" that usually doesn't come back), as many of the more "famous/celebrity" trainers do. It's just a job to them....not a passion for helping others, and that saddens me...

I hope that you have bounced back from that horrible experience, and are tackling your own future & hitting the iron w/reckless abandon :drinker:

~Kiki