Pulling an all nighter - energy/STAY AWAKE foods?

Options
Slimmasaurus
Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
I've left everything to the last minute and I'm staying up all night/tomorrow to finish a paper. The deadline's at midnight tomorrow, bleurgh.
How do I survive? I'm trying to avoid coffee as I never drink it and I know I'll crush in the most horrible way after couple of hours!
:)

Replies

• chuckles217
    chuckles217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Medical student here, what works for me:

Coffee, 1 cup every 2-3 hours.

Normally that works well enough, but occasionally ill toss in 5 hour energy shot @ 1/2 bottle in-between cups of coffee.

Be sure to eat high protein foods if you get hungry as they stabilize your blood sugar and help prevent the shakes from caffeine and all. I eat great yogurt quite often, cook a few egg whites, almonds, etc.

Honestly though, sleep is important to memory and scholastic performance so If you had the time to do it earlier and just procrastinated its best to get your act together and manage your time better.
  • Slimmasaurus
    Slimmasaurus Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Sound advice.
    I've been working on it for a while but obviously wasn't as prepared as I thought I was! I've had a lot of stuff on besides this, though I could have been more organised. It's my final year starting in September though and this is my first all nighter! So I think I've not done too badly!
  • pomegranatesoleil
    Options
    I have found that drinking black tea (iced or hot) is a great alternative other caffeine options.