Sore knee..hoping to get advice...

Options
angbieb
angbieb Posts: 692 Member
I wanted to start the program today...I've been having trouble with my knee and wondering if I should modify the exercises at all? I'm just worried about the squats and the step-ups. I've had trouble with my knee for about three weeks now, I hurt it while I was running. I'm going to the doctor on Wednesday. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!
ang

Replies

• angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Please? Anyone??
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    If you do proper squats -feet shoulder wide, toes-pointing a bit out, quads parallel or lower, you will not have problems with your knees. I hope the doc. clears you and nothing major is wrong with your knee.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at the latest book - New rules of lofting for life? It is designed to let you design your program around your limitations - great for the older set or for those with specific injuries.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'd wait and ask your Dr. about it first, or ask for a referral to a physical therapist. I think I'd be most worried about the lunges in Workout B.
  • LauraHasABabyJack
    LauraHasABabyJack Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I'm a few workouts in to Stage 1 and I've had problems with my right knee since I was in the 4th grade (got kicked by a cow lol) and I'm 28 now! I don't have problems with squat as long as I keep proper form. My problem with the step ups is being off balance, they don't bother my knee too much. My big issue is the lunges like karen mentioned. On those if I keep the weights lighter it's easier on my knee. I recently got a new pair of shoes and that has also helped too. But with yours being a new injury, I'm with everyone else on seeing the doctor first!