My NSV...that took 5yrs

Options
Cindym82
Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
Its the home stretch for me....4 days until vacation!!! Started to pack and found out basically NONE of my summer clothes from last year fit....good excuse to go shopping :) and the bf just laughed every time I did my little happy dance that something was too big. This is the first time in years that I've been able to lose inches and lbs and they stay off and don't come back. FINALLY the doctor has found out things that help control this damn hypo and let me get back to my "happier" me. Yes I have bad weeks and yes I still have a lot of symptoms but who would of thought that a lot of what I was eating that was supposed to be healthy was what was making me so sick. And how vitamins being low can affect you so bad. Very happy to finally start seeing results. Might have taken me 5months to drop 8lbs and 19inches but its better than just keep putting them on for no reason. And I finally don't have to feel jealous of these women who do the same thing as me and are stick thin and I just maintained for years and god forbid I didn't exercise I'd gain it all back. Now if only doctor's could feel this and understand why we should be treated for symptoms not those stupid numbers on the blood work, and if I tell you I feel like **** take my word on it and stop treating me like a pin cushion. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I know how you feel with the clothes. Fortunately I have the next sizes down... its so fun to put the fat clothes away & pull out the smaller clothes, and a few of the skinny clothes that are getting "close" for incentive. :-)

So, you're feeling better!? What are you taking now? Just curious. I just started taking synthroid 3 weeks ago & don't feel better, actually starting to feel a few bad effects, so I'm thinking I should change to something else.

Have a great vacation & shopping spree! :flowerforyou:
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    The doctor's wont put me on meds because "i'm within range" I'm seeing the endo when I come back from vacation and I'm going to discuss my recent blood work with him. I'm taking all natural stuff that Terri on here suggested, I can't think of the name of it. As well as 4,000IU of Vitamin D, Vitamin B-12, Fish Oil, and a multi vitamin/mineral. Also found out I was allergic to wheat so I cut that out almost completely, every once in awhile have it. For the first time in years I haven't felt like complete crap.....I do have an off day here and there but i'll deal
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    You rock!!