Question about nrol4W

Options
TurboFireMama
TurboFireMama Posts: 121 Member
Hi eveyrone,
I just joined this group a couple nights ago. I have been on a plateau since last October. I am soaking in all this ABUNDANCE of info here and hoping for a change soon!

I am wondering for those of you that do the NROL4W, is that all you are doing? Do you add cardio to this? I bought the book on Amazon last night so maybe the program will have a guideline with it.

I am just wondering how much cardio I should be doing in addition to the strength training.

I also have been doing a couple of the JM videos and wonder if I will be able to add those in to this program?

Replies

• TurboFireMama
    Options
    Nevermind......I found my answer after reading this morning...

I'm starting stage 3 of 7 stages on Monday (finished stage 2 today). The book is definitely worth the $12.99 (I bought it on amazon). You strength train 3 days a week (you can do 2 but not less or no more than 3). You dont do much cardio if any at first but I did as it helps my mood. So I have to add more cals to my day. :) It gives you 7 stages (6 months) worth of excercises so its not just a few. The info in this book was aweesome too. Beleive me as I have read a ton in the last 20 years. I cant remember your other questions. If you have any specific questions just PM me and I can see if I can help although I am only finished w/ stage 2 so maybe go to the NROL4W group too.

OH and i do not go to a gym, I modify all this at home with dumbells and my husband has a barbell, bench, etc...
    Edited by FaithHopeBELIEVE on Wed 04/25/12 11:15 AM

Thank You FathHopeBELIEVE!!
  • Snapplejac
    Snapplejac Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm just on stage 1 at the moment, but i'm not doing any cardio aside walking to/from work (about an hour a day) and I like to swim, so just going once a week for a half hour or so.

The biggest problem I h ave with NROL is trying to eat enough calories. Any suggestions for high cal, low carb snacks are most welcome -I'm not keen on nuts =/
  • TurboFireMama
    Options
    Hi there, I'm just on stage 1 at the moment, but i'm not doing any cardio aside walking to/from work (about an hour a day) and I like to swim, so just going once a week for a half hour or so.

The biggest problem I h ave with NROL is trying to eat enough calories. Any suggestions for high cal, low carb snacks are most welcome -I'm not keen on nuts =/

Are you seeing results? I have been a cardio junkie all my life. It is my safe zone and helps me feel great. Giving it up or only doing it once or twice a week is going to feel insanely weird for me.

I have a hard time with the calories to. I am dairy and gluten intolerant but I cheat every so often because I need to get the calories or protein in. What about Cottage Cheese. It is suppose to be great for you. Also Jamie Eason has some great recipes. Homemade protein treats and turkey muffins for grab and go snack ideas. Do you drink a protein shake? I have one in he morning for breakfast and I also added one at night. I have a hard time with protein because I am not a huge fan of meat...
  • nutritionwhiz
    Options
    I just requested this book from the library so i'm interested to see if this can work for me.