Six weeks later...it's really working!!!

Options

Replies

• VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    So very happy to hear this! Hanging in there definitely takes a leap of faith, so hearing success stories like yours is huge for those of us who are following this path.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Finally seeing results myself. So great we can eat more and lose!
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I am also gradually upping my cals, so this is very encouraging! I haven't seen a gain, I've actually seen a 2 lb loss, but I still have the huge fear in the back of my mind that my body is going to rebel against me for eating more!
  • Kmsnomaha
    Kmsnomaha Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It is great to hear success from somebody in the over 40 group. Keep up the good work.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I've been eating at least 1800 calories a day for the past 6 weeks and I haven't really lost "weight" but I've lost fat and inches. :)

Awesome profile pic. Congrats!!!
  • jmmscccslp
    Options
    woot! woot! so happy for you! great to hear for you and all of us waiting for the process to start working! thanks for posting!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the comments!!!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Thank you so much for posting this. I really needed to read this. I upped my calories about two weeks ago and gained two pounds, very discouraging but I've been forging ahead because I really do trust this process. I literally had my husband lock the scale in his trunk this morning so I would not weigh in this week. You give me hope :)
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    That's great and inspiring. Today is the start of my second week at 1800 and I am so going to stick at it. The thought of eating less calories makes me feel like crying. Not going to happen.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Oh thankyou so much for this post. it couldnt have come at a better time/day. Really second guessing myself today but it wont even be 4 weeks until may 8th soooo....
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear. I upped my calories last week and I am not going to get on the scale for a while. I put my calories in manually in MFP (TDEE-20%) but when I log my exercise it wants me to eat it back. Do you just ignore net and only look at food?
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear. I upped my calories last week and I am not going to get on the scale for a while. I put my calories in manually in MFP (TDEE-20%) but when I log my exercise it wants me to eat it back. Do you just ignore net and only look at food?

I ignore MFP, and just make sure to get your TDEE - 15/20% and not go below BMR.
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I need these encouragements. I'm starting my 4th week on Monday of eating more and still waiting. I'm back up to starting weight right now due to TOM and a little too much sodium last night but I keep hanging in there...waiting till my weight falls below that 'magic number' that tells me it's working for me.

Congrats for sticking it out! Keep it up!

Right there with you. :)
  • dmcw19
    dmcw19 Posts: 129
    Options
    So awesome! Thank you so much for posting this. I really needed to read this. I upped my calories about two weeks ago and gained two pounds, very discouraging but I've been forging ahead because I really do trust this process. I literally had my husband lock the scale in his trunk this morning so I would not weigh in this week. You give me hope :)

Awesome idea! I am doing it tomorrow!
  • led6777
    led6777 Posts: 268
    Options
    So you can have a thyroid condition, be on antidepressants, be over 40 and in menopause and STILL lose weight!!!

Good for you! No excuses, ladies!!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    So you can have a thyroid condition, be on antidepressants, be over 40 and in menopause and STILL lose weight!!!

Good for you! No excuses, ladies!!

That's me to a T!!! (went through MP at 42)

So very happy for you, TwinMom!:flowerforyou: I enjoy reading your posts and can't wait to be right there with ya!!:wink:
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration! Thanks for the post...I needed to read it today :)
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I've been reading thread after thread on this group about how it's hard to understand how the "eat more, weigh less" method works. I've also been reading about people who are becoming frustrated when they don't see results right away when they increase their calories.

So....let me assure you that this method DOES work!

I began to eat more 6 weeks ago by slowing increasing my calories. I've been at my TDEE - 20% now for about 3 of these weeks.

Once I hit my final number of 1700 calories, I kept losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. Yes, I was losing inches in the meantime but I really wanted to see the scale go down even if it was only .5 pounds.

But nothing.

Now it's 6 weeks almost to the day and the weight is falling off of me almost on a daily basis. I'm finally past that darn 2 pounds I kept gaining and losing. I've lost that 2 pounds plus another 2 pounds in just a matter of 9 days!!

I've been eating my 1700 calories...making sure to net at least my BMR.

So for those of you who are not seeing results within the first 6 weeks, you have to commit to the process and hang in there.

Trust that it WILL work!!!!

ETA: I'm also hypothyroid and take thyroid meds every day. I also take Paxil every day. I'm 43 years old and post-menopausal (I know, super early but it's the crappy family genes).

Awesome!

I keep having to read these stories and not get discouraged. Getting discouraged at not seeing results fast is what wrecked all my other attempts to lose weight. However because of the group, It helps me stay on track. i am 1000% more committed this time, but just have the rought days!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm so happy you have found this post to be encouraging!

Hang in there!! It's not a quick fix but it's definitely worth the journey!!!
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I just want to say thank you for this post. I had to confront my demons and be done with them.

I whined to another member on this board about quitting. I'm still gaining weight (after a loss but then solid weeks of upward trending on hack diet), still feel bloated and am just pissed in general.

I told this person I would stick it out, and made some changes. One of those was I backed my calories down. I have had hardly any energy or motivation to work out, at all. I can't eat at a moderate level if I'm not doing moderate activity. I'm going to leave it alone though and just keep chugging along. It's really getting hard, but I want this to work!

so thank you for sharing this, even if it takes 6 weeks, it will be hard, but I want this to work!