Helpful tips for ketosis

Options
missyyclaire
missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
I'm thrilled to announce we have 18 members signed up for our new challenge. We start in 2 days, though it's great if you want to get a headstart! I hope you all will find this challenge to be helpful and eyeopening. I've been 22 days in ketosis and have had personal success with it. Feel free to browse my posts, especially the 30 day personal challenge in the Paleo/Primal group. I'm gonna overlap our May challenge by a few days. The short of it, 7 lbs down in 22 days. I'll take it!

Please be sure to utilize the weigh in chart at this link if you want to keep track of your success:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al2TW0PcYs1tdE1hNExtR2VwdDlkcDE4aVFWYktOdXc

Some tips I've gathered over the years might be helpful as you move into ketosis:

Limit or restrict fruit for now. They can push you out of ketosis
I personally don't use any artificial sweeteners. I don't want my body to think it needs to pump insulin because of them
On the same line, I don't do diet sodas for the same reason
Be patient and kind to yourself
Eat lots of fat. I know it goes against what we've all heard, but you need fat to burn fat.
Love grass fed butter
Love grass fed beef
Eat chicken with the skin on
If you like bacon, try to find nitrate/nitrite free. I found it doens't spatter as much as you cook it
Macadamia nuts are great, love the crunchy and fatty treat.
Eat your veggies
If you have to have a potato, take all the starchy flesh out and eat the skin with butter. My low carb guru at work taught me this
Don't be afraid of eating more calories than you're used to. Heck, look at my diary, it's all true...and I still lost weight
Know that if you don't eat sugar, you won't crave it. You'll find a strength in you
Don't worry if you go through carb flu for a day or so, it's just your body shifting into fat burning mode, it'll pass
Log your food, even if it puts you over, it's good to see what you've done and how your body is responding
I don't push myself into hard exercise, just a nice gentle walk now and then
Drink lots of water, especially if you find yourself "large" on the ketosis scale. Don't want to dehydrate!

I'm sure there are tons more tips that you guys can add. Just know that I'm excited to start this adventure with all of you. Thank you for joining and best of luck!

Replies

• Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to start this adventure with everyone too. Thank you Becky for starting this new challenge. I hoping it 's what I need to jump start my weight loss again .