Introduction

bjcl
bjcl Posts: 21 Member
Hello, my name is Bettyjane, I am 62 and live in PA, I was born and raised in Brooklyn and Queens NY. I was pretty skinny my younger years. I am 5. 8 and over weight now in my later years. I have lost weight 2 times and put it back on. I am determine this time to lose the weight and keep it off. I exercise almost everyday. I couldn't do that for a while since I had two major operations.
I am married and have 5 children and 2.5 grandchildren.
I work as an Education Coordinator with Head Start (a pre-school program for low income children)
I hope I can be an encouragement to anyone who would like a "fitness friend" we all need that. me especially!!!
Bettyjane

Replies

• californiagirl1950
    californiagirl1950 Posts: 885 Member
    Hi Bettyjane, welcome to MFP. Here you will find so many good people and we all understand about the weight and try to exercise, etc. Please feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 122 Member
    Hi Bettyjane. Welcome to our group. You are gonna find a lot of great people here.
  • minerva2011
    minerva2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, Bettyjane - I live in Maine and have done so for the past 44 years, but grew up in Brooklyn, NY. It's so nice to meet another person who originally came from the same part of the world. I am 65, have three children, and 5 grandchildren. I was thin as a youngster and normal weight until my 40s when i had some health problems that led to a lot of weight gain. I did manage to lose about 30 pounds, but have gained about 15 pounds in recent months as a result of emotional, mindless eating during a very stressful few months. Now I am struggling to lose this weight and am hoping that using my fitness pal will help with that goal. Let's try to be there for one another as we go through this weight loss journey.