Questions for first timers...

Options
2»

Replies

• mariholm
    mariholm Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Okay, odd question(s):
    1) how much floor space do we need available? Is 3'x7' a large enough open space?
    2) is it horrible if I don't own any free weights for this?

Thank you!!!

You should be ok with that area. A friend of mine didn't have weights when she started and just used filled water bottles. Served her well!
  • chocciechip
    chocciechip Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Okay, odd question(s):
    1) how much floor space do we need available? Is 3'x7' a large enough open space?

Thank you!!!

a can of soup will be fine, or if you don't have them or don't have the strength to do it make sure you tense your arms through each exercise and pull as though you are pulling a really heavy weight...
  • ishax24
    ishax24 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    ^ Good point. I never had any knee problems, but my knees were very sore after this. I was doing it in my apartment at the time with only socks on, and no yoga mat. Make sure you wear comfy sneakers and use a yoga mat; that will reduce the impact and make it a little easier on the knees.

I found the same thing happened to me.. Whilst doing the knee situps I have found that using a cushion really helps to take the pressure off aswell
  • SgtMindy
    SgtMindy Posts: 53
    Options
    Okay, odd question(s):

Thank you!!!

do you have any cans of veggies or soup? they aren't bad for starting out.

For level one, as long as you can do jumping jacks in the space and lay down fully, your fine, not sure about 2 and 3.

Thank you!