5'2" ladies, What is your calorie goal?

Options
JeSuisPrest
JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
I just recently upped my calorie goal once again! And now I'm curious about other woman my height....

I'm 44 yrs old, 5'2", weighed in this morning at 121 with a goal of 115.

My new calorie goal is 1705, what is your calorie goal?

Replies

• FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    I am 5'2" and fluctuate between 111-119 more on the up side recently while doing NROL4W. My goal is 110 as weight but mainly less in body fat instead of the scale. My cal goal is 1645 which is a 15% cut of my TDEE. IF I calculated my activity right.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently 125lbs and eating around 1900 (maintenance is around 2100)...

I'm not really too concerned w/my scale weight, I can't imagine that I'd drop below 118, which is where I started my last "bulk" phase. I'm currently cutting, now, but already back in my size 2s, so idk how long I'll continue to cut..... :wink:

~Kiki
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weigh 197.

I am eating 1600 plus my exercise calories, plus 300 for breastfeeding.
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am 5" 1 1/2", does that count?! just starting out again and my calorie goal went from 1380 last Wednesday when I weighed in at 193lb to 1420 this Saturday when I dropped 2lbs to 191lb. I have checked the lose 1 lb a week on the settings so I know I am where I should be. I double checked this! I am new to this concept of eating more to weigh less. I will be honest it freaks me out but I know that the other way was not working so I "have nothing to lose" LOL!

I am also a wee bit older than you young ones so that also concerns me. I was quite active but let that slide for the past two months. Kick me now! I was doing strength/cardio boot camp twice a week, loved it but can't get there due to scheduling conflicts with work vs sleep vs boot camp.

Anyway I am determined to get this under control, my mission this week is to get my eating in order, tracking and water. I am also going to try and get some walking in. I do use the stairs at work when I can (patting myself on the back!) And I will get my butt back into the gym. Baby steps. :blushing:
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 41 yrs old and 168 lbs. Goal weight is 125. I lost 10 lbs before MFP but have only been able to lose 2 - 3 lbs (bounces up and down) since joining MFP in March. I started at the 1200 MFP recommended with no success. So I'm at 1944 right now, but I haven't consistently netted that for any period of time. I have to work on that first before I can measure success. I think the only saving grace is that I've been doing a 90-day strength/core/cardio routine for the last 45 days and so I'm losing inches even though the scale seems almost stuck. I'm down from a snug size 14 to a snug to loose size 10.
  • kalyy
    kalyy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 21 yo and I used to eat between 1300-1500 calories but I started doing jm 30 day shred three weeks ago and eating few calories some days and haven't lost much weight since then. I started reading mfp forums last week and thanks to this group decided to up my calories to 1630. :smile: It's 500 calorie deficit from my tde
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    1300 at the moment!
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi im 5'2, 37 y/old, weight 110lbs at mo. and am currently eating 1800/1900, just started last week. Obviously I put on a few lbs, but will keep at it and see how it goes. i lift 3 x and interval train 3 x
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 yrs. old and at 5'2, I weigh in at 150. I upped my calories 2 weeks ago to 1765 which is my TDEE - 15%. I lift weights 4 days a week and eat 1765 on my rest days too. The scale is stuck, but the inches are moving and I have more energy.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I just upped my calories late last week to 1750. I'm hoping this will give me what I need to see the scale move in the right direction.

I'm 5'2 and 169 lbs. I lift on M, W, F and I also do intervals on the elliptical or now I'm running since its nice out. I do that at least 3-4x a week as well. The scale has not budged. I'm hoping that this will help me some.
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    Just wanted to add since I've upped my calorie goal, I am now at 119 lbs!! 4lbs to goal!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Nice!! How awesome is that?

Congrats girl, almost there....
  • JessicaMurch5515
    JessicaMurch5515 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Im new to upping calories, but the 1200/day has me tired and yawning all day, cranky and not even wanting to work out when I get home from work. If I'm doing the math correctly...

BMR is 1617
    TDEE is 1954

1954 minus 15% deficit is 1660 calories/day.

I'm 5'2 1/2, 29 yrs old and 185lbs.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and weigh 167. I am taking in between 1500 and 1800 a day but net less. I walk a lot every day and lift 2-3 times a week.
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 1/2", want to lose about 7-10# more and am aiming for 1900. I am lifting heavy 2x a week and walking in between. I was running too, but it was too much with the lifting. I just got a BodyMedia Fit, so it's been interesting to see my calorie deficits...
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Age 51
    Ht: 5'0"
    Wt: 200
    Cals: 1900

I'm 3 weeks in to EM2WL~ I am staying OFF the scale and NOT measuring until 4-6 weeks in!

Feel wonderful, more energy, less hair loss in the shower, overall feeling of well-being!!

Who woulda thunk my old enemy would become my new best friend??
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    5'2 1/2 27 yo 131. I eat around 1820 cal looking to be able to maintain around this weight and get leaner
  • JeSuisPrest
    Options
    bump....
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    5'2", 24 years old, currently 169lbs. My cut is 1,700-1,800's right now. I give myself a little leeway because sometimes I workout a bit more than other times, but I try not to go over 1,900 total. This is working really well for me so far, I'm finally losing weight quickly since I've changed to this and watching my macros!
  • roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options
    Great thread; I've been wondering the same thing. I'm 5'2 and I weigh around 74kg (163 lbs). Bear in mind I haven't weighed myself in two months, BUT I have lost inches since being on MFP. So that's progress, right?

I currently eat around 1600 and about 2/3 or all of my exercise calories. MFP tells me I'm losing at a slow rate of .7lb/week. That's fine with me. I feel stronger, healthier, and happier. There are days when I do worry about 1600 being too much because my body looks the same or even slightly bigger. I know to expect fluctuations, but it's frustrating.