Food Suggestions

Options
LizCO2DC
LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
I'm just staring this program, and I'm curious to hear what staples are part of your diet. I get easily bored eating the same foods over and over again, so it would be great to see what options I have :)

Replies

• newmari12
    newmari12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    #1 food item would have to be greek yogurt - you can eat it with pretty much every meal and its an excellent source of protein. Aside from that egg whites (more protein), protein powder (a little more protein), chicken, fish, avocados and lots of nuts and organic nut butters. Of course every kind of vegetable and fruit you can get your hands on as well. Pretty much a healthy, balanced, clean diet.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i eat a lot of green leafy veggies like kale collards and spinach.
    a lot of lean protein like turkey breast, chicken thighs, eggs, salmon, cod, tilapia
    a lot of avocados, almonds and cashews
    a lot of berries, apples and oranges
    my carbs are mainly sweet potatoes, greek yogurt, oatmeal and any gluten free dessert thing i can get from a local bakery

about 50% of my meals are the same every week since it's easy to cook that way and takes the pressure off me to have to think of something new to do for every meal. besides that, i could eat omelletes and turkey chili every day of the week anyway
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    My grocery list always has these:
    spinach
    protein powder
    avocados
    bananas
    sweet potatoes
    eggbeaters
    cheese
    salsa
    blueberries
    Greek yogurt
    cottage cheese (high in sodium, but a good protein source)
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Bump for the grocery store tomorrow