ARE YOU IN PAIN?

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
My life has been full of pain!

I use to be angry, and thought about my pain ALL the time. It didn't matter what type of pain it was; all I knew was that it was preventing me from doing something that I would normally do on a regular basis, even sleeping.

This limitation is usually not enjoyable for any of us, so we tend to resent the injury, the pain, and the whole situation; not to mention any fears and anxiety associated with it. We often wonder when, and if, I will be normal again (or ever be normal for some). I use to despise my illness, and injuries because it kept me from doing the things I loved, or wanted to learn.

As a child I wanted to be active like the rest of the children. My faith in God taught me about words, and thoughts, so I'm really into programming my brain (like a computer). I realized my negative thoughts, and emotions were creating negative signals in my brain, so my body was responding by despising that part of the body, and making me feel even worst. This was actually working against me, and prolonging my healing! Bitterness, self-rejection, unforgiveness, fears, anxiety, and other toxic emotions/thoughts were actually causing me to live every day of my life filled with pain.

Changing my thoughts, and how I viewed my situation, did not change until I decided I would use my negative experiences to help others! I was determined to live, and become a blessing on this earth! Resentment and anxiety are obviously not ideal in creating a healing environment, so the next step was to try to learn something from my pain so that the brain would see it as beneficial. That’s what pain is anyway. It is a signal from the body to the brain telling it that something is wrong, and it’s likely that the physical pain is related to a lesson in life, such as slowing down, being open to different ways, or physical injury.

Focus on health, and you will receive it. Focus on unhealthy things, and you will eventually receive signals (usually pain) from your body telling you that you need to focus on your HEALTH!

My pain has become my passion, and has propelled me into purpose!

Our lives are all different....TO MAKE A UNIQUE DIFFERENCE!

Lots of love, and have a victorious, pain free, awesomely positive WEEK! :flowerforyou:

AFFIRMATION: PAIN WILL NOT DESTROY OR HINDER ME ANYMORE! I WILL REST, HEAL, AND LEARN....THEN BECOME A VESSEL OF ENCOURAGEMENT FOR OTHERS!

Replies

• Kristy713ckm
    Kristy713ckm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    YES! I've been about 100 to 200 pounds Overweight ALL my adult life. But, other than my knee's "sounding" bad, I wasn't too bad off! But in the last 5 years, my hip pain, my ankle pain and my FOOT pain (diagnosed as Bracyamatatarsia - shortened bones in foot, causing Morton's Neuroma - irritated nerves), have been nearly intollerable. To EXERCISE in spite of this pain is tough, and sometimes not possible. But I do alot of strength training, and I walk as much as I can, and as far as I can.... My weight creates most (or all) of this pain, but my efforts to control my calories and exercise when and if I can - are a MUST! People "not" in pain may not know how much harder it is to PRESS ON amidst the PAIN - true, significant pain. But regardless, with all this wonderful encouragement at MFP - you press on!
  • savedchild8
    Options
    :flowerforyou: SO TRUE KRISTY.....PRESS ON NO MATTER WHAT!!

Sometimes it is the very thing that hurts the most, that moves us into destiny!

If pain would have stopped me......I WOULD NOT BE ALIVE TODAY TO TELL THE STORY!!!

I LOVE IT KRISTY........PRESS ON!!

STRENGTH, AND VICTORY MUST COME....IF WE DON'T GIVE UP!!!

PATIENCE..... REST.......ENDURANCE.......VICTORY :heart:
  • savedchild8
    Options
    How is everyone?

Where are the PUMPS?

:wink: