Crazy what sodium does to you

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
So on saturday morning I was 292.5 (my start weight since upping my cals). I ate healthy all day. Sunday morning was 293, no big deal. However that was determined to be my cheat day.

I ate healthy, but for dinner me and some buddies went out to pizza. I had 4 slices of pizza (pepperoni, bacon and extra cheese), 3 small pieces of garlic cheese bread, 24oz of Dr Pepper.

and

1. I felt like ****...that was not fun

2. I felt fatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

3. I woke up to the scale reading 297.5 and almost **** a 2 ton brick.

I know its not fat weight, but I can only chock it up to the ridiculous amount of sodium that was in that meal that made me retain most of the 1.5 gallons of water I drank yesterday.

./sigh I never want a cheat day again lol

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    lol I used to have tons of cheat days too- they're getting less and less frequent now that I'm eating enough regularly. I just don't have the same urge. I do have splurge days where I throw the macros out the windows and oh yes the scale reflects that the next day lol

Was the pizza good at least?
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    I will say the pizza was amazing tasting. However the aftereffects not so much.

Next time...1 slice...maybe 2, no soda and no garlic bread. I have been feeling great eating healthy for the past couple of weeks, than this.

I do NOT like that feeling....I can tell you that I am going home to absolutely annihilate my Insanity routine.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I know what you mean! My scale was up 2lbs this morning which I put down to the Chinese takeaway I had last night!! My sodium is usually really low so it was a bit of a shock to the system all that salt! I know it will be down again tomorrow.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    lol I used to have tons of cheat days too- they're getting less and less frequent now that I'm eating enough regularly. I just don't have the same urge. I do have splurge days where I throw the macros out the windows and oh yes the scale reflects that the next day lol

Was the pizza good at least?

I feel the same now that I'm no longer hungry! Cheat days aren't something I crave...more like something that will happen when I can't control the 'food' situation enough to know exactly what the calorie intake is so I assume there's a possibility I'm over in my calories.

However, with camping season starting I have already set aside 1 cheat evening per camping excursion for a few drinks! I consider alcohol a 'cheat' no matter when I drink it because of it's double-whammy effect on the food you are also eating. :grumble: otherwise, I'd probably just allow for the excess calories.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

I feel the same now that I'm no longer hungry! Cheat days aren't something I crave...more like something that will happen when I can't control the 'food' situation enough to know exactly what the calorie intake is so I assume there's a possibility I'm over in my calories.

However, with camping season starting I have already set aside 1 cheat evening per camping excursion for a few drinks! I consider alcohol a 'cheat' no matter when I drink it because of it's double-whammy effect on the food you are also eating. :grumble: otherwise, I'd probably just allow for the excess calories.

Exactly! Free Days are now where I have to go to an event or meeting where I cant' accurately track the cals.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I am actually surprised at how satisfied I am feeling now that I have upped my protein levels. I don't want to cheat with cookies or lucky charms etc. I think because I am finally feeling full and eating enough (maybe even not quite enough yet but I am too scared to take the full jump right now).
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    Options
    So on saturday morning I was 292.5 (my start weight since upping my cals). I ate healthy all day. Sunday morning was 293, no big deal. However that was determined to be my cheat day.

I ate healthy, but for dinner me and some buddies went out to pizza. I had 4 slices of pizza (pepperoni, bacon and extra cheese), 3 small pieces of garlic cheese bread, 24oz of Dr Pepper.

and

1. I felt like ****...that was not fun

2. I felt fatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

3. I woke up to the scale reading 297.5 and almost **** a 2 ton brick.

I know its not fat weight, but I can only chock it up to the ridiculous amount of sodium that was in that meal that made me retain most of the 1.5 gallons of water I drank yesterday.

./sigh I never want a cheat day again lol

I had the same after the weekend of my son's wedding. I went up 5# and felt yucky. I would suggest LOTS of water for the next couple of days. It will help you to reset and shed the water you are holding.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    yes it takes me days of chugging water to get rid of the effects from "extra" water being held....ugh!
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hear you.. I got hit with AF last week and had a 3 pound gain, then I had a high sodium day on Friday which caused another gain, and then finally I was getting back down to where I was, when we were travelling yesterday and spent the day sitting in the car... ended up with a 4 pound gain overnight!!!... Its horrible!!!