Let's eat, Lift, and Toss the scale ....

Options
harlanJEN
harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
Today is day 236 of MFP for me. Several months ago I finally listened, read, researched ... And started eating more and lifting heavier. I'm celebrating day 236 .. Which was my starting weight a yr ago coincidentally, by going public with my weight. I'm striving not to lie about my weight again. It's a number. It's not me. The scale LIES.

I've blogged about it ... It's just easier. 236 size tight 16 last April. Knee replacement last March. Size 8 and not done yet. My weight?? You may be surprised ......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/harlanJEN/view/what-s-the-scale-got-to-do-with-it-251409

Eat, lift, toss the scale ...or at least put it in it's place

Jen

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! Your current weight is most likely going to end up being my end weight :D

I love how you described wondering about the cahsier lol Can't wait to have a similar moment myself! Great job!!!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT, Jen! You are such an Eat More role model, girl! I'm loving witnessing all the changes you, Ben, & Jerry are going through. =p
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Rock on!

My wieght hasnt budged in 2 weeks since i started eating more. However, for the first time, I measureed myself last sunday.

Now today is the day I will be measuring myself when I get home (same time I had measured last time during the day) and I am crossing my fingers to see a difference.

Stories like this give me much hope though! I could give a flying fluck what I weigh as long as my disgusting fat belly is gone.
  • harlanJEN
    Options
    Mike ....you rock on !! Takes a little while for the body to adjust. Patience isn't one of my calling cards ...but I stayed the course. Are you weight training ? Please DO !!!!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Mike ....you rock on !! Takes a little while for the body to adjust. Patience isn't one of my calling cards ...but I stayed the course. Are you weight training ? Please DO !!!!

I am doing Insanity right now, but I am starting to add in a couple of days on my Total Gym at max intensity weight training. Working on it heh.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Today is day 236 of MFP for me. Several months ago I finally listened, read, researched ... And started eating more and lifting heavier. I'm celebrating day 236 .. Which was my starting weight a yr ago coincidentally, by going public with my weight. I'm striving not to lie about my weight again. It's a number. It's not me. The scale LIES.

I've blogged about it ... It's just easier. 236 size tight 16 last April. Knee replacement last March. Size 8 and not done yet. My weight?? You may be surprised ......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/harlanJEN/view/what-s-the-scale-got-to-do-with-it-251409

Jen

You are my freakin hero, girl!! You are my newest inspiration and reason to keep going!! I wish I could hug you for real!!

Whatever led me to this Board at this time of my life is truly fate, faith and divine intervention for sure!!

I feel so blessed!
  • harlanJEN
    Options

Jen

You are my freakin hero, girl!! You are my newest inspiration and reason to keep going!! I wish I could hug you for real!!

Whatever led me to this Board at this time of my life is truly fate, faith and divine intervention for sure!!

I feel so blessed!

Oh GOSH! Not sure I deserve that -- BUT - is why I wanted to write it .. get the word OUT. It is possible - if I can do it - anybody can !!! If I can help in any way - give me a holler !

P.S. ... thanks for the "girl" LOL ;)
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options

Jen

I feel so blessed!

Oh GOSH! Not sure I deserve that -- BUT - is why I wanted to write it .. get the word OUT. It is possible - if I can do it - anybody can !!! If I can help in any way - give me a holler !

P.S. ... thanks for the "girl" LOL ;)

Hey, I'm 51 and I'm a "girl" too!!