paleo snacks??? suggestions needed

Options
jingoace
jingoace Posts: 219 Member
Hey, as the title says... what do you do for paleo snack attacks?

I am just getting started here, but am learning lots from everyone's posts already!

Thanks, in advance,

:) J

Replies

• AnDCorby09
    AnDCorby09 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually snack on nuts :) the ones with higher Omega-3's. You can look up online what. It's ate best for u, but walnuts appear to be the best. Just stay away from peanuts :)
  • MNHoliday
    MNHoliday Posts: 20
    Options
    almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts
    beef jerky (homemade)
    apple, pears, berries, etc
    cut veggies

Lots of options
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Jerky
    Berries if you are doing fruit
    Nuts
    Homemade Trail mix is lush
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    walnuts, almonds, pistachios, and macadamia nuts are my faves. And as far as refigerated snacks, sliced veggies (my faves are bell peppers and cucumbers) or celery with almond butter. And also, meat slices make great snacks too!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    coconut yogurt with fresh berries are my favorite!
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have been living on Wholly Guacamole 100 Calorie packs with some baby carrots or red pepper strips...

So far the only place around me I can find the 100 calorie packs is Target at the Supercenters...

I was mashing up 1/2 an avocado for a snack but wound up with black and sometimes really mushy avocado or if I forgot ot grab the other half the next day -

other than that
    Oranges, strawberries or frozen blueberries (lower in carb/sugars)
    homemade jerkey
    Almonds and Pecans
    apple with almond butter (grab a small apple - i usually buy the ones in a bag that say lunch box size or snack size - which is really the size an apple should be...a lot of apples in the stores are actually more like 2 servings - which if you are watchign carbs/sugars can throw you off)
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Last night I made cinnamon and nutmeg spiced roasted pecans...do eat too many (I did:ohwell: )
  • Gonzojrn
    Gonzojrn Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been known to indulge in pork rinds with a few drops of hot sauce, or pork rinds and guacamole. Cucumbers and guacamole is also pretty delicious.