Intolerance to heat??

Options
2»

Replies

• debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My heat intolerance reached a crazy high last night... Cat was sitting on me, I felt hot, but didn't want to push him off. Suddenly my nose started bleeding really hard, out of nowhere. It took me several minutes & ice-cold rags to stop it. Now I'm scared to get hot!

But, tomorrow I go for blood test again. I have a strong feeling that I will be put on a lower dose. I also am having trouble sleeping. ~sigh~ :yawn:
  • OhDD65
    OhDD65 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    DebbyLee..................I am real curious as to what your dr has to say. I have been on Armour Thyroid for about 3 weeks now.
    Generally I feel great, but heat also is an issue of mine now. 72 degrees and I was sweating unbelieveably. Yesterday I
    was outside in the shade at 82 for a while doing general gardening and I could tell it was time to come in as my cheeks were
    very red and hot. (in the shade). It is going to be a very hard summer here. Plus my sleeping is very interrupted and I don't
    really go into a deep sleep at all. 6 hrs and I am up. I used to sleep regularly for 8 hrs with 1 wake up nightly. One cup of coffee
    in the am and no more caffeine at all for the rest of the day...........drink mainly water these days. When I was on Levothroid
    I think that was its name I was so often cold to the core and still had misc hypothyroid issues. Some of those have improved now but I keep hoping things will get better as my body gets used to it. My dr didn't say when he wanted to see me again (gp), but I
    am wondering when I should go get retested. Suggestions ?
  • debbylee22
    Options
    A med student saw this thread & pm'd me that these are hyperthyroid symptoms. She encouraged me to go see my dr early.

It sounds like you're going through exactly what I am. That the meds need to be lowered a bit. I have waited to go in, because my blood test is scheduled for tomorrow, so I've stuck it out. I will get my blood tested tomorrow & go in to see him on Monday (if they think he'll have the results by then).

So, I think you should go see your Dr if you are feeling this way too. I'm kind of worried about summer too!

I'm also changing my diet with coconut oil & no gluten, so that could also make the requirement for less meds, if its working.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    A med student saw this thread & pm'd me that these are hyperthyroid symptoms. She encouraged me to go see my dr early.

It sounds like you're going through exactly what I am. That the meds need to be lowered a bit. I have waited to go in, because my blood test is scheduled for tomorrow, so I've stuck it out. I will get my blood tested tomorrow & go in to see him on Monday (if they think he'll have the results by then).

So, I think you should go see your Dr if you are feeling this way too. I'm kind of worried about summer too!

I'm also changing my diet with coconut oil & no gluten, so that could also make the requirement for less meds, if its working.

While it's true that hyperthyroid causes you to be hot/sweat, and hypothyroid generally causes you to be cold, I have had times when I am sensitive to heat and I've been hypo/hashi for years -- so I wouldn't jump to think you are hyper...

I found this on www.stopthethyroidmadness.com - you can just go to the site and type "sweating" into the search box - you will find tons of articles on it...

Adrenal fatigue, aka low cortisol, has been discovered on the back of a huge body of thyroid patients, wearing them down with irritability, anxiety, shakiness, feeling dizzy or lightheadedness, sleep issues, sweating, salt craving, nausea in the face of stress, and a host of other symptoms unique to each individual with adrenal fatigue.

I also found this:
    WHAT HAPPENS IF ALDOSTERONE GETS TOO HIGH OR LOW? When aldosterone gets too high, your blood pressure also gets too high and your potassium levels become too low. You can have muscle cramps, muscle weakness, and numbness or tingling in your extremities.

But when it gets too low, which can be common in some patients with cortisol deficiency, your kidneys will excrete too much salt, and it leads to low blood pressure; low blood volume; a high pulse and/or palpitations, dizziness and or lightheadedness when you stand; fatigue; and a craving for salt. Symptoms of low aldosterone can also include frequent urination, sweating, a slightly higher body temperature, and a feeling of thirst, besides the craving of salt. Potassium can fall, as well.
  • debbylee22
    Options
    Thanks again!
    Interesting!
    Yep, its best to leave it to the pro's ... now to remember all these things next time I see my Dr. :blushing:
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Thanks again!
    Interesting!
    Yep, its best to leave it to the pro's ... now to remember all these things next time I see my Dr. :blushing:

Well, I'm not so sure most doctors would think to check your adrenals, cortisol and aldosterone levels -- that's why we have to be educated because the docs are not!