Net calorie

Options
moea432
moea432 Posts: 75 Member
I've been losing weight for months now but hit a snag and have been working out hard but haven't lost as much weight as I should have and am wondering if it's because I'm not NETING at least 1200 calories a day?

Replies

• 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I can't see your diary, but if 1200 cals is below your BMR, then yes, you want to be netting more than that. Have you done your TDEE and BMR calculations?

You may want to check out the TDEE sticky and video explaining TDEE and BMR, and why you shouldn't drop below BMR.

~Kiki
  • shalomabeth
    shalomabeth Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    why do i eat less and lose but eat more i gain
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    why do i eat less and lose but eat more i gain

Because if we eat too little (below our BMR) then our bodies adapt and slow down. We lose muscle- which keeps our metabolism going at a higher pace. So when the muscle is gone- we need less food and less food and then we get sick, our health suffers. When we eat more, at first we will gain weight because our body doesn't trust us to KEEP feeding it. It thinks we are just binging. It takes 4-6 weeks for our body to learn to trust us again.

Once it knows we will keep feeding it- it lets go of the weight. We have to be patient. It's not easy but it's worth it!