Oatmeal Eaters Anonymous

Options
MsPetuniaPig
MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
Hi, I am Sam. With many regrets, I eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday... It's sucking up 37 carbs every daggone morning.... I tried eggs/bacon, you know, the traditional low carb breakfast... And believe me, I adore BACON... but I cannot seem to get through without it.... Anyone got a similar addiction or an addiction replacement idea? Something warm... comforting... and spoon-lick-able yummi-goodness ideas??????

Replies

• jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to the oatmeal addiction. Maybe try some modifications-cut down to 1/2 the amount of oatmeal and add some protein into your meal. Maybe an egg on the side, or protein powder in your oatmeal-or a glass of milk. The idea here is that you keep what you love-the oatmeal-but eat less of it and add something else. This way you can cut your morning carbs in half and up your protein.

Other ideas-my mother swears by meatloaf muffins-See the Recipes board for these. I know I've seen the recipe there. You can heat one of these babies up for a nice warm on the go option.

In that same idea, South Beach cookbook had a recipe for some egg-based spinach and cheese crustless "quiche" that you could warm up too.

I'm getting ready to switch over to shakes for breakfast. I'm building them over at youbars.com so they are 1 net carb before the milk/beverage is added.
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OK.... Next week.. down a size of the oatmeal, 2 bacon and a boiled egg that will sit on my desk and be a good snack later if I am already full... Good idea!