Recovering from Knee Replacment

Hi all,
I am new to this site as well as this group. I am 8 months post Total Knee Replacment surgery and trying to get the movement back in my knee. I know losing some more of my weight will help in that area. I am 11 pounds above my goal weight. I still can't do too many different exercises but do walk when possible weatherwise and want to try to do my Wii Fit more often. Is there anyone else on this discussion thread that has had replacement surgery? I'd love to hear of your experience as I still don't know if I am where I should be at this point in my recovery.

Bonnie

Replies

• nancy_FoCo
    nancy_FoCo Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Bonnie,

Are you still "out there"? I see that your original post was last May.

In case you or anyone else is following this discussion, I'll add to it. Right now I'm 8 months post-op. I had TKR/TKA last April. I'm still working on my knee, doing exercises. I am committed to losing weight and I have a lot to loose. Any amount of weight that is taken off really helps the knees.

If anyone else is recovering from TKR let's share our stories. Also a great resource for knee/hip problems is bonesmart.org. I can't begin to tell you how much that website has helped and continues to help me with this journey.
  • akaallice
    akaallice Posts: 8 Member
    I just had my left total knee replacement on 11/19/12. Still going to Physical Therapy and following up with the Orthopedist. But I have returned to work. What can I help you with?
  • nancy_FoCo
    nancy_FoCo Posts: 3 Member
    akaallice: You're doing a great job losing the extra pounds. Are you doing any particular exercises, other than the PT for the knee?