Eating More getting you down?

Options
jyska
jyska Posts: 728 Member
I always believed I was a strong, disciplined person when I was eating eating vlcd and exercising like crazy. I mean, it takes will and a certain strength to do that right? huh....

This takes more determination, patience, strength and will power than starving myself EVER did. The emotional rollercoaster, the 'going against the grain of society', the over-full feeling some days that screams "YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH!!", and the weight gain, bloating, waiting, waiting, waiting......

I just want to remind you all (and give myself a little pep-talk in the process) to hang in there. Be strong. They always say it takes courage to do the right thing....

I definitely believe it applies to us.

Blessings in your journey!

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I think some really needed to hear that! Thanks for this post!!!
  • jcolier
    jcolier Posts: 64
    Options
    For sure! I really dont know how long I can keep eating this much, and I know I am still not eating enough. I feel fat, bloated, and sluggish all day. After spending the last 2 years eating 1000 - 1200 calories a day, this is a struggle. I almost prefer being hungry!

Does it get easier?

And yes, I feel lame complaining that I can't eat enough.

M / 43 / 200 lbs.
  • msesheta
    msesheta Posts: 29
    Options
    It is really hard for me too. I even wake up feeling full and bloated. I have heartburn now that I haven't had in years because I used to keep my stomach mostly empty. I have gained 6 lbs overall and my measurements are all 1 to 2 inches bigger. I feel awful, my digestive system can't keep up, I am constipated from all the food. It was much easier to starve myself than it is to "use up" all my calories. I am lifting and using the total gym 3 times a week and walking every day. I don't know how much longer I can continue to eat like this. Especially when more and more clothes don't fit and I feel this terrible from the moment I open my eyes.
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I felt that way two weeks in (bloated, stuffed).

Now just over one month in, the tables are turning, the scale is dipping, my stomach is flattening out and my faith is increasing ... dramatically. : )

I did notice an improvement around the three-week mark, right after I got my macros closer to 40/30/30, specifically after I got my protein over 100g. Could have been a coincidence.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options

Now just over one month in, the tables are turning, the scale is dipping, my stomach is flattening out and my faith is increasing ... dramatically. : )

I did notice an improvement around the three-week mark, right after I got my macros closer to 40/30/30, specifically after I got my protein over 100g. Could have been a coincidence.

I noticed alot of improvements after I increased my protein as well. I try to get as close to 30% as I can, but I don't always succeed and focus more on getting it over 100g/day. I started dropping inches like mad, the weight has started dropping more rapidly again, and the hypoglycemia I had developed from changing my diet and dropping a lot of weight has been much better controlled (down to 1 episode every 2-3 weeks from 2-3 episodes a week). I don't think the macro adjustment is a coincidence. More protein has been a lifesaver for me, even if I complain about how hard it can be to get enough.
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I don't think the macro adjustment is a coincidence. More protein has been a lifesaver for me, even if I complain about how hard it can be to get enough.

I don't either, in truth -- I felt different right away after I got that protein up.
  • AmyzNewGroove
    AmyzNewGroove Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I always believed I was a strong, disciplined person when I was eating eating vlcd and exercising like crazy. I mean, it takes will and a certain strength to do that right? huh....

This takes more determination, patience, strength and will power than starving myself EVER did. The emotional rollercoaster, the 'going against the grain of society', the over-full feeling some days that screams "YOU ARE EATING TOO MUCH!!", and the weight gain, bloating, waiting, waiting, waiting......

I just want to remind you all (and give myself a little pep-talk in the process) to hang in there. Be strong. They always say it takes courage to do the right thing....

I definitely believe it applies to us.

Blessings in your journey!

Well said lady!!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Um, I think I need to hear this every single day. lol.

But seriously it has gotten a lot easier with the physical symptoms (overly full, bloated) I just have to remember to eat! I have many days where I have 300-500 calories left at end of the day and I am wondering around the kitchen trying to find something that will fit into my macros. That is usually on my rest days.
  • EMagineBeingEMazing
    Options

But seriously it has gotten a lot easier with the physical symptoms (overly full, bloated) I just have to remember to eat! I have many days where I have 300-500 calories left at end of the day and I am wondering around the kitchen trying to find something that will fit into my macros. That is usually on my rest days.

I just upped 3 weeks ago and have this same issue getting the protien in and keeping the other macros in check. What are some suggestions for these days? Is the trick really just shakes, powders, and greek yogurt? I tried my first Green Monster yesterday, but still came in at only 97.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I don't think the macro adjustment is a coincidence. More protein has been a lifesaver for me, even if I complain about how hard it can be to get enough.

I don't either, in truth -- I felt different right away after I got that protein up.

I\m also feeling A LOT better and WAY less hungry since upping my protein.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options

I just upped 3 weeks ago and have this same issue getting the protien in and keeping the other macros in check. What are some suggestions for these days? Is the trick really just shakes, powders, and greek yogurt? I tried my first Green Monster yesterday, but still came in at only 97.

Your green monster was only 97 calories?? If I make one it is WAY more than that. At least a few hundred. Throw a greek yogurt in there and that's at least a 100 calories, the fruit can be upwards of 100, add a tbsp of peanut or almond butter to it, a 1/2 banana is 50 calories, a cup of milk is over 100
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Your green monster was only 97 calories?? If I make one it is WAY more than that. At least a few hundred. Throw a greek yogurt in there and that's at least a 100 calories, the fruit can be upwards of 100, add a tbsp of peanut or almond butter to it, a 1/2 banana is 50 calories, a cup of milk is over 100

Pretty sure she meant that even with the smoothie she only got to 97grams of protein for the day.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

YES!!!!!
    And protein?? Helps me ..for sure. I get my protein in then let the macros fall where they may. For ME, I strive for 30/35/35. My body likes that. I'm not a slave to those ratios ...but I aim to get the protein in ....