Week 15 ; 8 lbs from Maintenance

Options
dellamac
dellamac Posts: 16 Member
I am new to this group but not MFP. I am in week 15 of the plan and closing in on the maintenance program. I am nervous and scared. Never have I ever been this close to the end of constant wanting to lose weight. I know maintaining is going to be the hard part.

I am looking for any suggestions for an eating plan or good options of foods to reintroduce back into my life. I would appreciate all the suggestions I can get. Also, any tips for maintaining would be great too.

Replies

• amuchison
    amuchison Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    If u r using Medifast then if u look in the Quick Start Guide there is. transition plan u do that for 6 weeks and then u do.the Maintenance plan which there is a guide for that as well on the TSFL or mymedifast websites;) Just follow the plan everything will pan out well;) I myself still have 36.6lbs to go have been OP for 37 weeks today and am down 81.4lbs so Transition sill be soon I'm 186.6 goal weight is 150;)
  • littleredjd
    littleredjd Posts: 66
    Options
    I've seen several people say that they continue to eat Medifast foods even after they are done because it is safe and fairly easy. That's what makes Medifast so appealing to me, I only have to stress about exactly what I am eating once a day as far as measuring, calories, fat, etc. I'll be interested to learn what others have to offer about transitioning, because I know that is where the old habits will rear their ugly heads for me.
  • gardengirlkp
    gardengirlkp Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Grab the book "Refuse to Regain" by Barbara Berkeley. MD. I really learned a lot from that book. 12 rules to keep the body you've earned.

Great tools and what to expect in maintenance. I'm 3 months into maintenance after 72 pounds lost on MF.

Friend me on MFP if you want. I still do 1 MF meal a day- or less- (sometimes more when traveling) . Good luck and try to get a copy of that book.

Karen P.
  • linnre
    linnre Posts: 3
    Options
    I am a pound away from my goal and plan to do transition and maintenance as Medifast directs. I want to lose another 4 after goal for a cushion before I start transition. I have lost weight many times in my life but always started eating what I wanted once I hit goal. I have never done a maintenance plan. I'm looking forward to doing it right!
  • dellamac
    Options
    If u r using Medifast then if u look in the Quick Start Guide there is. transition plan u do that for 6 weeks and then u do.the Maintenance plan which there is a guide for that as well on the TSFL or mymedifast websites;) Just follow the plan everything will pan out well;) I myself still have 36.6lbs to go have been OP for 37 weeks today and am down 81.4lbs so Transition sill be soon I'm 186.6 goal weight is 150;)

I will have to dig mine out. I forgot that was in there. Thanks.
  • dellamac
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I am looking forward to the transition and maintaining. I am pretty sure I will incorporate the program for the rest of my life. I have lost 28lbs since starting TSFL but have lost a total of 85 all together for the last 3 years. I am curious how much harder it is to maintain than to lose.