So... I started over.

Options
nixirain
nixirain Posts: 448 Member
Last we was an all over bad week. I really wanted to start the program so I did on Tuesday. I was seriously in pain until Saturday so I didn't do any other work outs other than walking for the rest of the week. I am pretty sure I overdid it with the amount of weights or did an exercise wrong so I decided to act like last week never happened and started over yesterday.

I went down on weight on almost all of the exercises and felt great!

The only concern if I can call it that is that I am not sore at all today. Not one bit! This is weird for me!

I did a few things differently on top of lowering the weights. I did a 10 min warm up on the elliptical and then I stretched. After my work out I did 10 more minutes of a slow walk on the treadmill and stretched a little more.

I am sorry if this it a dumb question/topic but did I do it right? Should I up my weights even more to make sure I am at least a little sore the next day? I guess I don't feel like I did enough unless I can feel my muscles the next day.

Thanks guys!

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Should I up my weights even more to make sure I am at least a little sore the next day? I guess I don't feel like I did enough unless I can feel my muscles the next day.

I'm the same way! When my workout partner and/or I aren't sore the next day, it's an oops, we need to increase.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Do not measure a workout by how sore you are. Sometimes you don't get sore after a workout, sometimes you will get sore a day or two later and sometimes you will get sore right after. Do not expect to be sore after every workout. Even when not sore after a workout, your muscles are still working and you still are getting a great wrokout if you put 100 % in to it. Plus, when you finish a workout with a proper cool down, the soreness should be even less. You should up the weights if you feel like you can push/pull the heavier weights, not so that you feel sore.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That makes sense. It's crazy that I feel bummed that i don't feel any pain. lol But I want this plan to work and to do it right!