Favorite lifts

Options
ItsCasey
ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
Anybody have a favorite KB lift, complex, etc.?

My favorite grind is the Turkish get-up. I like the instant gratification aspect of it because you can feel this all over your body immediately.

My favorite ballistic is the snatch. I don't know why, really, but I look forward to snatch workouts, whereas, when I was doing swings all the time, I dreaded my workouts.

I actually prefer chains to complexes, and my favorite chain is a swing-high pull-snatch, followed by a clean-front squat-push press. My HR has gotten into the 180s doing this one.

Replies

• TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I also like the snatch. It's got a fluid grace about it when you get it right and really taxes your whole body. I'm not crazy about regular presses from the rack but I know I need to work on them. I think that they're key in building strength for snatches with a heavier bell.

In terms of grinds I like the jerk although I haven't been able to do them for awhile due to knee issues so I've been doing other things like TGUs which I also like a lot. I was doing TGUs with the 24kg before I messed up my knee and I'd like to build back up to that again. It's starting to feel good with the 20kg.

A chain, (I think it's a chain), I'm doing right now is called the Full Body Attack that I got from Mike Mahler. Double clean two bells and deep squat with them. Come out of the squat into a double press, (thruster), bring them back to the rack and then to the floor, jumping back with both feet into the plank position. Do a push-up, then a Renegade Row and finally jump your feet back to the side of the bells and you're locked and loaded in position for another double clean to start all over again. This is one of the 15 minute blocks I'm currently doing, (sans push-up), and it's a smoker.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm still at an early learning stage with the Turkish Get-up but am fascinated by it. That's something i look forward to working on. But basically, ANYTHING that gets the bell up over my head is a favourite because all winter long i can't do lifts due to low ceiling height in my basement...so any chance to try anything (snatches, jerks, various presses, etc) is greatly anticipated!