can't get no satisfaction...

Options
rebekahgo
rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
i am sooooo hungry!!! and this isn't the first wave of crazy hunger that happens when you start this. i already did that!! it seems that from the time i wake up to mid-afternoon i cannot manage to feel full. same thing happened yesterday. i JUST ate lunch, and i can feel my stomach rumbling. it was a great and should have been filling lunch. the same thing that i had for dinner last night that had me stuffed silly. and i've already had around 90 grams of protein today out of my 150 goal.

the only thing i'm doing differently is starting NROLFW yesterday morning. did it cause this? am i gonna be this hungry all the time while lifting? i'm gonna be upping my cals again FAST if that's the case.

Replies

• Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    If this is your first adventure into strength training land give it a week and your appetite should level out. The first week I started lifting I felt like I could eat a horse the day after a lift. I did tend to eat a little more on those days but I figured it evened out since I didn't eat quite as much on the lift day not sure why but my appetite wasn't as high. Now I have leveled off but still get the occasional "my stomach wants to jump out and eat everything" feeling the day after a lift where I pushed myself hard.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting the lifting program!
    I read the book but was too busy with my other activities to focus on the program.

But I did a good day of lifting today!

Protein is always my hardest goal to reach, but i find when i do have more im much more satiated.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info, cc!!

using the calculator posted by kiki in another thread, here are my numbers.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

weight: 150
    height: 5'5"
    activity level: 3-5 hours moderate exercise per week (previously a bit more, but not recently)

it gives me...

bmr: 1440
    tdee: 2232
    tdee-15%: 1897

if i bump up the activity level to 5-6 hours of strenuous exercise (my goal when the kids get out of school), my cut value jumps to 2111. currently, i'm eating at 1900 and decently hitting my macros.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Let me say on the days I lift heavy, if I'm hungry I will blow past netting BMR and sometimes Net my cut. I hae learned to listen to my body whe it signals hunger.