A little perspective.

Options
Ok so because of my arthritis I had a flare up on Sunday and have been taking it very easy over the last couple of days. Until this my weight had stayed steady at 128 -129. This morning I got up and weighed 126.8. I haven't done anything different except not work out I have been eating the same amount of calories. Sunday was rough I even ate way over my sodium allowance so the weight loss it water from my muscles but this is what so many people who are eating more and lifting need to remember. I fully expect to be back up at 128 after my lifting workout tomorrow because the water will flood my muscles for healing. Pay attention to how your clothes fit and take lots of pictures. The scale is not the only measurement of success.

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    A great reminder I needed to hear today- thank you!

I really believe in EM2WL- I know I'm doing the right thing- I KNOW it. Still- that idea that's been drummed into us, especially us ladies, that the scale is THE marker of health. Heck- even our doctors use the scale. They SHOULD be grabbing the calipers instead!

Maybe I should take calipers on my next check up lol
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Amen!

A great reminder indeed!