Question about squats

Options
karensoxfan
karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
I think I pinched something in my right leg doing my squats this morning (Stage 1, Workout A4). It's real high at the top of my leg, near my hip, and it hurts only on one leg, and mostly when I'm climbing stairs. Has that happened to anyone else?

I mentioned it to my husband, who's lifted weights for years, and he thinks it sounds like I pulled a ligament, because the whole quad muscle doesn't hurt, just one small area.

I took a dose of Advil this morning, but haven't needed another one, so I'm hopeful that by my next Workout A, it will be fine, but if anyone's ever had something like this happen, how long was it hurting/sore?

I'm also hoping it won't interfere with me doing Workout B on Thursday or Friday this week, but I'm doing a 20-mile charity walk on Sunday, so I'll be taking a complete rest day on Monday, and the earliest I'll do Workout A again will be next Tuesday.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    You will re-agrivate it a couple of times...but it will eventually go away. Ice it as soon as you can after each work out, and take some advil before you lift if it's bugging you
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,937 Member
    Options
    It could be a ligament. Do you do "rolling"? My IT band was SO troublesome when I started NROL4W that my personal trainer introduced me to "rolling" and I've never looked back.

Also, you could try taking a tennis ball and just rolling it around (with the weight of the body part which is sore) and see if that brings some relief (the next day).
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    It could be a ligament. Do you do "rolling"? My IT band was SO troublesome when I started NROL4W that my personal trainer introduced me to "rolling" and I've never looked back.

Also, you could try taking a tennis ball and just rolling it around (with the weight of the body part which is sore) and see if that brings some relief (the next day).

^^^^ this. Happened to me a few times too.
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    No, I hadn't thought to try icing or rolling it. I'll try it tonight and see if it feels better tomorrow or Thursday. Thanks!
  • cpa8198
    cpa8198 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I definitely would recommend the foam roller too. HAIL FOAM ROLLER!
  • Ninikins2
    Ninikins2 Posts: 73
    Options

I sometimes use my fist instead of a tennis ball. It seems to work! But I would recommend stretching in whichever way you can to pull that area out...