Is a 15% deficit enough?

Options
Hey guys,

Pretty new here, and after poking around some threads, I still haven't found an answer to this question.

My personal cut amount is about 300 calories fewer than my TDEE. So does this mean I should expect to lose ~0.6 pounds a week if totally consistent? Or do the non-eaten-back workouts boost that number?

I'm just concerned EM2WL will be slow progress :(

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Well, our philosophy is slow and steady wins the race:-) It isn't about how much you can drop quickly, it is about losing weight, doing it in a way that you won't have a gain when you finally start eating your TDEE. During the process we promote strength training along with cardio, so you hopefully don't lose too much muscle mass along with the fat. We promote moderation in your foods so you are not deprived of anything, which triggers binging.

So, it is a slow process, but a rewarding one that won't slow down your metabolism, that will fuel your body, and when you add strength training...it will transform your body to give you the toned look that most people desire to achieve...not the skinny but fleshy look.

I know I have tried the drop it quick route and it shut my metabolism down and I couldn't lose a thing...I have been slender most of my life, but with babies...whew it got harder and harder to take off the weight. I will say as I stand here today I am way heavier than my "old" goal weight, but I feel and look much better than I ever did at a lower number on that little evil scale:-)