Blood Sugar

Options
missyyclaire
missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
This topic might be completely dull so feel free to skim. I just wanted a place to log my sugar levels as I'm going to be taking measurements for the next 3 weeks. I'm making an appointment to see my Dr in 3 weeks and am curious to see how my sugar levels respond to ketosis.

Because of 2 days in a row of low sugar, I'm experimenting with going off my meds for a little while. I've only been taking 1/2 a pill a day and even that was lowering my sugar too much because my diet is so low in sugar. I actually think this is a good thing, it means this WOE is working. I still want to be very careful, if levels start going up, I'll go back to taking my 1/2 pill. I would never try this if it weren't for the fact that I now trust myself that I'm not going to cheat. So, as of yesterday I'm off the med. It's a long term goal to be off all my meds, and I'm hoping this diet will get me to that goal.

10am 94
2pm 110 (no food yet, walked 2 miles)

Replies

• jparker12379
    jparker12379 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Please be careful
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Will do. I'll be more careful now than ever before and will definitely get back on the med if I see my numbers creep up even slightly. I've got to remember not to rush this process! Thank you!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Last night, before bed I tested, 74
    Wed am before eating, 85

On my third day without my half a pill, numbers look really good, normal
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Wed 85, , 83, 92
    Thurs 68 am reading before a meal

This is so good!
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Today's readings
  • missyyclaire
    Options
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Last post on this thread...I found a nice app for my phone where I can keep track of my sugar levels. I'm glad to have a handy way to track them now.

Also glad to see such normal results from eating a ketogenic diet. This is truly life changing.
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    11 days off my medication and I'm still in a normal blood sugar range! I am actually excited to see my Doctor in 2 weeks to tell him!
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sounds good - I'm not diabetic and have typical levels around 90
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Thanks! 2 weeks today and I'm still reading at normal levels. You can't imagine how good this feels after about 10 years of being type 2. Dr's appt is next Tuesday and I'm hoping he's happy with this.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !!! :smile:
  • missyyclaire
    Options
    Thank you! Still reading really good and am now almost 18 days without meds.

This morning I went for about 1.5 mile walk, blood sugar was 75 upon waking, but as I neared my turn around point, I felt a low coming on. I sat in the shade for about 5 minutes, then went into the natural grocery store here in Flint. They had Kombucha in the fridge and I decided to have a bottle. First bottle since March, I believe. I do love it. Especially the Gingerade, which I had. The whole bottle has 14g carbs, and I drank it all. I felt much better, bought my groceries, which included a wild salmon pate, raw cheddar, seaweed papery treats and shredded coconut. All of this was purchased because our hotel has NO restaurants around it except a Chinese Buffet...and I'm on foot. So, the walk was worth it.

I did learn that even a low amount of sugar, 14g, was enough to kick my blood sugar up to 129. An hour later and it's now on its way down at 116. This has taught me that in now way am I cured, but that my low carb choices on most all days now are keeping me within a normal range. (129 is still okay for after a meal, even up to 140 is considered normal after a meal, but I really really like seeing my numbers in the 90's and below)

I'm going to keep doing what I normally do...and keep Kombucha out of my diet for a while longer til maybe my weight is down more and my body can handle the carbs. I'll miss ya, but will have you again in my future!
  • eaddygirl2004
    eaddygirl2004 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    im not a diabetic my I thought that was nice how you documented this helpful info. this was really nice. thanx. question though. are you in ketosis?