Emotional eater ready to get back on track after the fire

Options
hdatanya
hdatanya Posts: 7 Member
I have always been an emotional eater. I have weight ups and downs my whole life. I had just gotten a handle on it about two years ago. I was in the habit of exercising every day and watching what I ate. I finally looked at food as fuel for my body. All that changed on one July morning, in 2010. My house caught on fire and my family and I barely made it out. We lost everything. It took about a year to rebuilt our home, replace our stuff and deal with our insurance company. I knew that I had gained a lot of weight, but I also knew that I would not lose the weight until I was ready; ready to feel strong again, ready to reclaim by life . . . ready to let go of the fire.

I found this website last year, but I guess I was not ready to start. I am ready now. Ready to say, “I deserve to be healthy. I deserve to let go of my negative self-image and embrace a new image. “ I am ready. But I know that I will need support and friends who are going through the same journey that I am. I am ready for MFP. Are you ready for me?

Replies

• TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Welcome ! I am so sorry to hear about your loss, but glad that you were able to rebuild and everyone was safe! I think you will find a lot of people here for support and that have the same struggles. Send me an add if you need some encouragement :)