BodyRock Flow

Options
Jade17694
Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
Please post anything relating to the flow routines here :)

Jade.

Replies

• jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I did the flow test today...

1. knees very bent , calves extremly tight.
    2. I really struggled with this one, my hips are nowhere near the floor and left side is tighter.
    3. palms to floor, knees slightly bent
    4. a few inches back
  • poohbearhunney
    poohbearhunney Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm scared of this!! Going to watch the video again and get busy with it! GULP!!! Yoga is so difficult for me.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Flow Test

Downward Dog: Really tight calves. My heels can't touch the floor
    Pigeon: Easy. Both hips were touching the floor.
    Dangling: Fingertips touching the floor
    Standing Back Bend: Also really tight. Maybe a 12.5 degree bend?

I can't wait to get more flexible. I feel so tight and stiff.
  • pachamb
    pachamb Posts: 52
    Options
    Flow test~

1. Tension in calves heels halfway to floor

2.Hip not touching the floor lots of pain- I have really bad hips Screws and pins in them :(

3. Fingertips more than touch floor. No pain no tension.

4. Not far back at all. This one was bad.
  • Jade17694
    Options
    I'm scared of this!! Going to watch the video again and get busy with it! GULP!!! Yoga is so difficult for me.

It terrified me! I'm gonna give it a go tonight :smile:
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    Just watched the day 2 yoga flow video. I might have balance issue with the 2nd and 3rd moves. LOL. But I am probably going to do some weight lifting in addition to this since it's so short.
  • poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I think I did it all wrong because I really didn't feel a burn. I am out of shape but I have always been very limber, maybe that has something to do with it. I felt good afterwards though.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    OMG... My thighs... Not sure if it's the yoga or because I did the yoga after my interval workout. My thighs were burning during the poses, but it was short lived. And I held each pose for 10 breath, which ended up being 3 min for the two sets. Maybe I should've set a timer instead. Oh well.
  • THTchristina
    THTchristina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I hope to be able to do what she did.. Bend in half B)

Downward Dog: my heels touch the floor and I feel it in my hamstrings more than my calves. I would like to see how my form is though.
    Pigeon: I have always done this so it was no problem.
    Dangling: palms to floor with bent elbows.
    Standing Back Bend: My back curves a lot naturally so it kinda hurts so I try to straighten it out more actually. I would like to improve on this too.
  • Jade17694
    Options
    OMG... My thighs... Not sure if it's the yoga or because I did the yoga after my interval workout. My thighs were burning during the poses, but it was short lived. And I held each pose for 10 breath, which ended up being 3 min for the two sets. Maybe I should've set a timer instead. Oh well.

The flow workout is only supposed to last for 80 seconds altogether. You flow from one move to the other holding it for 10 secs each then have a 10 second rest before doing it again. You have to do it for 2 rounds so it is short. I personally will be doing another BR workout on flow days after the yoga.

I used to do yoga quite a bit on the wii fit but doing these moves (which i think are on the wii fit too) made my thighs burn like anything - my legs were shaking during one of the moves too. Teshia makes it look effortless :noway:
  • jj3120
    Options
    I enjoyed Day 2 yoga, I could definetely feel it in my thighs and knee's!
  • qtiekiki
    Options

The flow workout is only supposed to last for 80 seconds altogether. You flow from one move to the other holding it for 10 secs each then have a 10 second rest before doing it again. You have to do it for 2 rounds so it is short. I personally will be doing another BR workout on flow days after the yoga.

I used to do yoga quite a bit on the wii fit but doing these moves (which i think are on the wii fit too) made my thighs burn like anything - my legs were shaking during one of the moves too. Teshia makes it look effortless :noway:

I know that we were supposed to hold for 10 sec. It's just that my idea of 10 sec without a timer is longer than it actually is. LOL.
  • Jade17694
    Options

I know that we were supposed to hold for 10 sec. It's just that my idea of 10 sec without a timer is longer than it actually is. LOL.

That's why i use an online one-knowing my luck i'd end up holding for a minute other wise :tongue:
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Just done the flow routine that was posted yesterday.
    I have quite good balance on the tree pose.
    The one where you stretch your leg behind and get your back as in line with your hips as possible was quite hard - couldnt get my leg very far off the floor but managed to get my back almost the same as Teshia's when she does it.
    The last move was actually a bit easier than the second - had to have my leg bent though - managed to get my right leg a bit further out/straighter than left.
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    Just watched the video for the Week 2 Day 3 Flow workout. I am kind of disappointed because it's only 3 poses. It's hardly a workout. I will have to add something else on top of the Flow. It should be something to do on an active rest day or something. Sigh. What's your thoughts?
  • jj3120
    Options
    I tend to add some of the flow routines together so it makes a longer workout and I can practice all the postures so far, all helps as I am not so flexible!
  • Jade17694
    Options
    I agree that they're short but i tend to hold them for longer than 10 seconds just to lengthen it. Normally long enough for any aches to ease off :)
  • Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Guys, try callanetics! very similar poses and stretches, but an hour long, helps with aches and tightened muscles. I love doing that on active rest days!
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    I do all the moves and it does feel nice to stretch out. I guess I just don't feel like it should be one of the workout days. They would be great as active rest days.
  • jj3120
    Options
    I did the flow wk3 d3 tonight, I have to practice the pigeon pose I have no flexibilty there at all! I found the lunge pose the easiest of the three.