Please read :)

Options
Jade17694
Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
Helloo BodyRocker's!

Thought i'd make this group so we can all support each other during this challenge.

If you have done one of their challenges before you know it isn't going to be easy - if you haven't don't panic! There are workouts to suit everybody.

The challenge consists of doing a workout five days a week with weekends being 'active rest days'. Every workout is posted daily so you will need to visit the BodyRock website every day to find it or any of the facebook pages that i have listed below.

Before you do anything else please click the link below and do the fit test that best suits you. There is 2 at each level - one with equipment and one with bodyweight only.

http://www.bodyrock.tv/2012/04/30/may-30-day-challenge-sexy-by-summer-day-1-start-here/

The link also explains the challenge a little bit better than i probably have.

The links below will you take you to the trainers' facebook pages and the producer's where you can ask thousands (literally) of other bodyrocker's for help, advice and support.

https://www.facebook.com/LisaMarieBodyRock.Tv
https://www.facebook.com/SeanLightBodyRock.TvHost
https://www.facebook.com/FreddyLightBodyRock.Tv
https://www.facebook.com/BodyRockTvFlow

Any questions please feel free to message me - i don't bite :)

P.s Here is the BodyRock website: http://www.bodyrock.tv/

12 MINUTES = NO EXCUSES!!

Replies

• nikmav1
    nikmav1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Jade. kinda lonely over here. I started the May challenge today too. I have been eyeing bodyrock tv for a few months but have been recovering from toe surgery so i have had to wait to do it. Now is the time. I was hoping these boards would have some people doing it. Maybe more people will find the group. Have you been doing Bodyrock? I am looking for some opinions on it outside of the Bodyrock site. I know the workouts are tough but I have to admit, I am skeptical of only working out for 12 minutes. I come from the world of working out for 1-2 hours. I have not done that for a while since I returned to work. With 3 kids and a full time job, the 12 mins looks really appealing.

Ok, sorry to babble. I will post my fit test score soon. I just don't have them handy at the moment.

Nikki
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    I have been looking at the bodyrock site for a while as well, it is good to have a starting point and others to make me accountable to stick at it!

It is good the routines are short but I'll still be doing two zumba classes a week, but whether to also continue with my usual body-weight routine I'm not sure.

Off to post my fitness test scores : )
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Hi Jade. kinda lonely over here. I started the May challenge today too. I have been eyeing bodyrock tv for a few months but have been recovering from toe surgery so i have had to wait to do it. Now is the time. I was hoping these boards would have some people doing it. Maybe more people will find the group. Have you been doing Bodyrock? I am looking for some opinions on it outside of the Bodyrock site. I know the workouts are tough but I have to admit, I am skeptical of only working out for 12 minutes. I come from the world of working out for 1-2 hours. I have not done that for a while since I returned to work. With 3 kids and a full time job, the 12 mins looks really appealing.

Ok, sorry to babble. I will post my fit test score soon. I just don't have them handy at the moment.

Nikki

I've been bodyrocking for a while now.I done it every now and then when i was doing the shred a month or so ago and now i try to do it everyday (I will be this month for definite!). As long as you eat clean those 12 minutes are more than enough. I've seen results already :smile:
    You're right about the workouts being hard - sometimes i don't even think i'm going to be able to do the 12 minutes but i always watch the workout through beforehand and determine whether or not i'm going to need more than 10 seconds rest - if i think i do i'll change my on time to 45 or 40 and my rest time to 15 or 20 - theres no shame in needing more rest time :wink:

Try it for a week - you'll be hooked :bigsmile: x
  • poundsgalore
    poundsgalore Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group. I have also been eyeing BodyRock for a while and decided May was going to be it for me, I am starting at the beginners body weight. I have just started and I am not use to working out. I have been walking for sometime and needed to start something more. I lost 23 pounds last year walking and now it just isn't cutting it. I have started gaining back. Thanks again!
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Thanks for starting the group. I have also been eyeing BodyRock for a while and decided May was going to be it for me, I am starting at the beginners body weight. I have just started and I am not use to working out. I have been walking for sometime and needed to start something more. I lost 23 pounds last year walking and now it just isn't cutting it. I have started gaining back. Thanks again!

No problem :smile: x
  • poohbearhunney
    poohbearhunney Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm stoked that there is a group for this!! I too have been "eyeing" BodyRock for a few months, and I'm super excited they started this new challenge. I need it BAD!! Challenges seem to help me, and what a better way with a "new" program and one that consists of short high intensity workouts!!!! Woot Woot!!

Anyway, I need to work on cleaning up my "diet"...so I'm hoping to get ideas and tips here too!!!

I started last night, but unfortunately after almost finishing the 2nd circuit I got interrupted and couldn't finish. I will be finishing (redoing) the fitness test tonight and the workout of the day.

Looking forward to being active in this group!!!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I started bodyrocking in January. They are my main workout, and had changed my body.
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Hi all,

I started bodyrocking in January. They are my main workout, and had changed my body.

Do you bodyrock every day or do you have weekends as active rest days like the trainers suggest?
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    I do the 5 workout days and 2 rest days. Not sure if they are really active rest days, but they are the weekends and we take the kids to the park or other places.
  • pachamb
    pachamb Posts: 52
    Options
    I have been body rocking since january to. I have seen major changes in my strength and health oh and I have lost major weight. :) Love that there is a group for us body rockers love hearing about each other experience with the workouts.
    Keep rocking
    Paige
  • louiseclaireparker
    Options
    I have been stalking the BodyRock website for months but have always felt too weak to give it a go (I suffer from knee and shoulder problems). I'm going to bite the bullet and do the beginners fit test tomorrow and see how it goes :) Wish me luck.....I'll be back to post my scores in the morning!
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    Good luck. Just modify the exercises to your fitness level. You will do fine.
  • empenTen
    empenTen Posts: 29
    Options
    Funny how so many people had found the site but had been waiting before they started. I am exactly the same, found the site, literally, months ago but have only now started to do anything about it.

Started the May challenge, really enjoying it. Body sculpt with Sean is my favourite so far
  • skowalska
    skowalska Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    haha! i too have been checking it out for a few months before giving it a go...its so funny that you all did the same! Ive been working on my core and man am i ever hurting! gotta love it
  • qtiekiki
    Options
    FYI, Bodyrock.tv app is availabe now.
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options

Just downloaded! Looks a good app : )
  • 365daysoffit
    Options