Calories burned/ heart rate monitor

Options
lwilson413
lwilson413 Posts: 11 Member
I don't have a heart rate monitor (yet), so I'm at a loss as to how to figure my calories burned. Any ideas? Any suggestions for a good, budget friendly HR monitor?

Replies

• sugarnspicere
    sugarnspicere Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I had a hard time finding a budget frendly one and finally broke down and spent for the Garmin FR70. It doesnt do GPS just a HRM watch with a strap. Seems to work well though.
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I got a Polar FT7 on Amazon for $78. I love it and it's easy to use!
  • allibean15
    allibean15 Posts: 28
    Options
    I just ordered the Polar FT7 from heartratemonitorsusa.com. It was 78 I think but googled a coupon code for like 8% off and ending up getting it for 69. They dont charge for shipping either. Cheaper than amazon.
  • theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i have a new balance n4 (i think) and it's like $45 at target... check ebay too. you truly are more enlightened about what you're burning with an HRM... i totally thought i'd burn more than 200 calories doing jillian michaels before i got my hrm!
  • Demi54
    Demi54 Posts: 6
    Options
    I got a watch that tells you your heart rate and calories burned after working out off ebay for 8 dollars and free shipping. (: just make sure you buy from a usa seller so you dont have to wait a month from china.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I've been using the calculator on here but I just ordered a polar ft4 from amazon yesterday and got my email today that it shipped. Got it cheaper online than in store at some local spots near me. I'm excited to finally get one.