how long have u been single?

Options
hurleycutie142
hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
i think im the youngest person in the group lol (22)... ive been single for exactly a year and its pretty hard... ive had the same boyfriend since i was 16 and ive never dated outside of high school.. i have been on a couple of dates and it seems like i always want more than the guy does... and im not one of those girls that have high expectations either... i dunno... how is everyone else dealing with being single?

Replies

• christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I'm younger 21! Not that it's a competition ;)

But I have seen a girl who was 18 or 19 post in here before if I recall right.

I've been single my whole life, so I have nothing to compare being in a relationship with. For the most part, I like being single.
  • Baurus
    Baurus Posts: 27
    Options
    19 here.

Btw some months right now, but it's ok. I got more time for me and i'm just preparing to enjoy a good summer :D
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    31 here- I've been single for 14 months. I've been enjoying myself lol. Casually looking to start dating but in no big rush
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    35 and single for 6 months (wow seems so much longer then that) but that was a short 4 month relationship so really feel like I have been single for 14 years.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 and will be going on 10 months of being single and I'm ready to start dating.
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    way to long I've dated but never anything that was anything more than a few fun dates so I guess I should say I've gone out a bit
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Is 'I don't know' a fair answer? The ex and I prolonged our breakup so long by being on and off again that I can't even figure it out anymore :grumble:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I'm 29. It's been 2 years since I was in a long-term relationship. Three months since I dated someone seriously.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I ran out of fingers to count on... sooo I am going to answer with "a long time"
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    All my life,graduated high school in 1982 at 17 to face aged (father was 76) and infirmed (mom was legally blind since a child and in a couple years would develop throat cancer leaving her unable to talk normally) on a small dairy farm barely able to pay the electric bill.
    Many choices I made wrong,many were made for me...boo hoo,life is what you make of it.
    Nothing more then a few years long unfortunate relationship and some casual encounters.

You learn a lot about life and people if you let yourself.
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    "A Very Long Time" its been more than a year
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm 28.

I've been separated for about 2 1/2 months, although the divorce won't be final until the end of this month.

I guess I've been single the least amount of time?
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Since pretty much forever.
  • Thad81
    Thad81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have been seperated from my ex wife for five years and divorced for 4. I havent had a relationship that has lasted more than a month since and three at that.

Been on dates, but I guess I am a loner now. Not that I wouldnt want to meet a great person, it just hasnt happened yet...

All the really cool women I meet seem to be on the MFP lol
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am 38 and been single 6 years
  • bruintamer
    bruintamer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 27, been single since December 2010 after a 4.5 yr relationship so I spent a good portion of my 20's acting "domesticated." That 1.5 week "official relationship" I had last month doesn't count. How do I handle being single? Ya know that Wiz Khalifa song, "Young, Wild, and Free?" My new anthem. Hahah. J/K. Sorta.
  • LisaD1021
    LisaD1021 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I consider myself single since my divorce 11 years ago. I dated a guy for a little over 2 years, that ended about 6 years ago. I enjoy my time alone, but I think I am the exception to the rule. I only wish I had someone to go to functions with. My son gets tired of being my "plus 1". Now my biggest problem is finding single men over 50!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    A few months...

I "cope" with it by going out a lot, getting drunk and drugged, and sometimes providing advice on this website to feel like I'm in control and foolishly believing that if I cannot find someone for myself, then maybe at least I can help someone finding a partner of their own.

No need to thank me for that, it's free! :ohwell:
  • Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Not sure that it counts but it's been 6 years, 6 months 16 days and this evening since I became a widower after 23 years 10 months and 9 days of a great marriage to an extraordinary Englishwoman. Technically I'm single but can't say that I feel that way though I do occasionally date. Added in fact don't feel single just feel alone at the end of the day. Kind of like a long term deployment. Knowing tht when the battle is over for me we'll be together again and she'll have the "Welcome home from the War Beef Stew and Dumplings" ready for me. :)
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    A real actual serious relationship? never. (I'm 30) I've dated guys... I've even lived with guys I was dating for various reasons [temporary situations]. I've had guys call me their girlfriend as a title... but never anything that had lasting potential.