how long have u been single?

Options

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    My last boyfriend was at age 16, and we only dated for a few months. I am 32 now, so I guess that means I've been single for (at least) half of my life? Hm. :noway:

I know what I want in a man and I am willing to wait for him, no matter how long it takes to find him (or for him to find me). Hopefully I will still be young and radiant when that time comes. :laugh: :love:
  • Moe4572
    Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Just turned 40 and ended an 8 mo relationship about 9 mos ago.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    I dont really count the short ones from last year so before than Ive single since November '09.

At one stage in my mid 20's I was single for like 4 years! :noway:
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    42 Never married, my last relationship ended in October.
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Torn between thinking I've been single too long... and not long enough...

5 years this December...
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    It'll be five years in June. Broke off my engagement then, never looked back.
  • solman66
    solman66 Posts: 175 Member
    Options

....thanks, now you got me thinking about it and I've been single for pretty much my entire 20's (last relationship ended when I was 20). I have 1 year left to change that and it's not looking good. :frown:
  • Freida_MS
    Freida_MS Posts: 100
    Options
    3 years here
  • Natx83
    Options

....thanks, now you got me thinking about it and I've been single for pretty much my entire 20's (last relationship ended when I was 20). I have 1 year left to change that and it's not looking good. :frown:

We can get you in the mix mate!
  • pghsuperstar97
    Options
    I'm 24. I've been single for 2 years now. I have been on dates since then, but never more than two with someone. I'm looking for someone, but in no big rush.
  • hurleycutie142
    hurleycutie142 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    aww thanks everyone for your input... i honestly hate being single... im am a hopeless romantic and cant stand being alone... but doesnt mean that im going to just jump into something for the sake of having something... i dont know i should be concentrating on myself.... but its overwhelming...
  • Natx83
    Options
    aww thanks everyone for your input... i honestly hate being single... im am a hopeless romantic and cant stand being alone... but doesnt mean that im going to just jump into something for the sake of having something... i dont know i should be concentrating on myself.... but its overwhelming...

Same, but ive gotten so good at being alone! But I also have just jumped into things, like talking myself into it but im much more self aware of this these days.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Same, but ive gotten so good at being alone! But I also have just jumped into things, like talking myself into it but im much more self aware of this these days.
    This is my answer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hfl9e53LX_U

:laugh:
  • Natx83
    Options
    This is my answer:

Hahahaha. That's why it's awesome to be single.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. On Dec. 31, 1999, after 10 years of marriage, I moved out. Woke up the next morning in 2000 to a new life, alone. Not what I wanted. Took a couple of years to give it up. Still, I haven't dated since; I'm ready now.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    This is my answer:

:laugh: so true!

5 years since I was in love. Dates and things since then but 5 YEARS..........bloody hell! Time flies when you're enjoying yourself :wink:
  • Bassafrass80
    Bassafrass80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 31. Divorced in June of 2010 and have been single ever since. So...2 years? I've dated in there, but nothing serious.
  • Steelheart7
    Steelheart7 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I am 39 ... Technically 13 months since my divorce was final. 3 years since we actually split tho.
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    It's been 6 years for a serious-live-together-relationship. But I've dated many since; just no one I saw myself growing old with. Now I'm more focused on getting my weight in order until I feel like I want to date again. I know people say you should find someone to accept you the way you are but I need to be happy with my body first not for anyone else but for me; however crazy that sounds and right now I'm not. I'm happy otherwise and content where I am. :)
  • hcoburn37
    hcoburn37 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and have been single for about 15 months, not even one date .... looking now to start dating, seems to be slim pickings though .... single men that are not creepy are in hiding