So I was doing just dandy, and then...

Options
TOM hit. On Saturday night/Sunday morning. And I have been snacking and eating at around maintenance instead of my 15% cut ever since! It's literally like I can't control myself. :noway: It's not as bad as it's been in the past, necessarily, but it's also lasted a lot longer...I started a different kind of birth control three weeks ago and I'm having some interesting reactions to the placebo week. Usually I would have cravings, but they'd only be for a day...this is day four of irresistible chocolate desires. Gah.

The good news is at least I've been hovering around maintenance calories. But, this is only my second week of eating more. I'm not sure what I'm trying to ask here--maybe, "Is this going to derail my progress because I've been inconsistent?" or "Can I have permission to hide from the scale until next week?" or just general reassurance would be good. :ohwell:

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Oh no consistency is stressed bec people have a tendency to eat less than cut. So eatng at maintenance for a couple days is a good thing. The body appreciate maintenance cals tremendously. I try to eat maintenance twice a week.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I feel for you I've been doing the same, its like I'm a totally different person and every not good for me food is calling me.
  • jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I hate TOM....I really, really, do. :grumble:
    You have my sympathies and understanding.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Oh no consistency is stressed bec people have a tendency to eat less than cut. So eatng at maintenance for a couple days is a good thing. The body appreciate maintenance cals tremendously. I try to eat maintenance twice a week.

Okay, good, that's a relief! :smile: I've also been sleeping 9-10 hours a night for the last four or five days and I'm still tired. I feel like a zombie. I suppose it has something to do with my body finally relaxing and letting its guard down now that I'm giving it more noms, but it's so bizarre to sleep that much for me.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I feel for you I've been doing the same, its like I'm a totally different person and every not good for me food is calling me.

That's exactly it--I'm a totally different person. A ravenous, chocolate-inhaling person. :laugh: