Daily Shredder Motivation

Options
tmacmoto
tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
Add your thoughts to motivate not only yourself, but everyone else in our group.

Today's Motivation:

Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion.
You must set yourself on Fire! - unknown

It's Day 2 of 30, but it might as well be Day 2 of the rest of our lives! We can do this!

Replies

• jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    Great idea tmacmoto! I love quotes. Here's one I found recently:

“The trick is not how much pain you feel—but how much joy you feel. Any idiot can feel pain. Life is full of excuses to feel pain, excuses not to live, excuses, excuses, excuses.”
    —Erica Jong

I completed day 3 today and my quads are so sore. But I feel so good! :)
  • caroltz
    caroltz Posts: 16
    Options
    From the movie "G.I. Jane":

Master Chief John Urgayle: Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?

Lt. Jordan O'Neil: Don't know!

Master Chief John Urgayle: It lets you know you're not dead yet!
  • jetsgirl
    jetsgirl Posts: 50
    Options

Master Chief John Urgayle: Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain?

I am SO watching that movie soon! Love the motivation it gives me!
  • tmacmoto
    Options

I am SO watching that movie soon! Love the motivation it gives me!

I am Soooo going to watch this tonight after I plop down from Day 3!
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    "With time and patience, the mulberry leaf becomes satin. With time and patience the mulberry leaf becomes a silk gown." Chinese Proverb

We are the mulberry leaves.:bigsmile:
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Good morning to Day 4: Soreness here, but fading away! That's the good news! The better news is that we have 26 more days!
    Let's make them all count! No Excuses, No Whining, No Fear.

2f100e69.jpg
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    Good morning to Day 4: Soreness here, but fading away! That's the good news! The better news is that we have 26 more days!
    Let's make them all count! No Excuses, No Whining, No Fear.

2f100e69.jpg

Love it!
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    My favorite inspirations for today! :)

f1439654.jpg

c4dd9830.jpg
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Good morning fellow Shredders,

If you made to Day 5, then Congratulations! If you feel that you're struggling, then remember we're here for you. If you feel that you didn't make it, but you're reading this...You made it! Good work. A lot of the soreness is gone for me and ready to kick some more. These can be tough times if we let them be. Let's make the most of what we can, modify where we have to, but most of all, see the big light at the end of the tunnel is not a train coming at us, but the vision of where you want to be:
    Here's your motivation for today:

944bfbce.jpg
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Ahh, Monday...Time to get re-motivated for the week. Time to put on the Big Girl/Big Boy Panties/Underoos/Squarepants....

Don't let this past weekend be your weakness for this Monday. Dig deep, Dig in, and believe that you can do this.

2cb6db55.jpg
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    Ahh, Monday...Time to get re-motivated for the week. Time to put on the Big Girl/Big Boy Panties/Underoos/Squarepants....

Don't let this past weekend be your weakness for this Monday. Dig deep, Dig in, and believe that you can do this.

2cb6db55.jpg

nice one! ;)
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    here's mine for today! :)

50190249.jpg
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Day 7 has come and gone...so, what? Are you getting comfortable? Are ya getting scared because you know Level 2 is just around the corner? It's ok to walk away from your comfort zone and embrace the pain...it will soon leave your body. Remember, you can do this, because we're doing it with you!

comfortzone.jpg
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    My daily reminder that I can do what I set my mind to and I will be doing it this time around. :). Don't let yourself be your own worst enemy.

5dad29fa.jpg
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen...Welcome to the first 10 Days! Congratulations! You are doing great and you are kicking butt, hopefully your own or motivation is helping to kick someone else's butt. Good for you.

Now, a lot of folks are expecting miracles in the first 10 days....and for those who have....Good for you and remember miracles come in all shapes and sizes. It can be a .2 lb loss, it can be couple inches gone from the waist line, it can be that you completed the whole level without one modification....regardless, be proud. And keep your eyes on the goal, because keeping your eyes on someone else's goals does nothing for you, unless you have their eyes...and well, that's kind of gross. Give back their eyes.

Here's your moment of motivation...
    0e0aa6d5.jpg
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    I look forward to your "daily shredder motivations" each morning!
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    I look forward to your "daily shredder motivations" each morning!

Thanks, it's actually a lot of fun. I read through the posts through out and see if there's a theme or I just create a theme for the moment of motivation. Here's to the next 20 days....Let's go kick some butt!
  • jetsgirl
    jetsgirl Posts: 50
    Options
    Ladies and Gentlemen...Welcome to the first 10 Days! Congratulations! You are doing great and you are kicking butt, hopefully your own or motivation is helping to kick someone else's butt. Good for you.

Now, a lot of folks are expecting miracles in the first 10 days....and for those who have....Good for you and remember miracles come in all shapes and sizes. It can be a .2 lb loss, it can be couple inches gone from the waist line, it can be that you completed the whole level without one modification....regardless, be proud. And keep your eyes on the goal, because keeping your eyes on someone else's goals does nothing for you, unless you have their eyes...and well, that's kind of gross. Give back their eyes.

Here's your moment of motivation...
    0e0aa6d5.jpg

Thank you!! Before I joined this group I wasn't too into the community aspect but I see that I was very wrong in doing things myself. Your motivation is contagious for me and THANK YOU for that! You ROCK!!
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Thank you!! Before I joined this group I wasn't too into the community aspect but I see that I was very wrong in doing things myself. Your motivation is contagious for me and THANK YOU for that! You ROCK!!
    [/quote]

No, thank you! It's good to know and to remind ourselves that what makes a community is a common goal sharing our pains and our triumphs, but it is reaching out and believing that we can and will make a difference in not only our lives, but in all of our lives.

I believe that we have 20 more days of butt kicking left. Let's get to it!

And if you think I rock, wait until you see me roll. (obvious, but couldn't help it)
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    Here is my contribution to keeping us motivated today! Keep working hard everyone! :)

a46bf1b8.jpg