Sometimes (though rarely), Procastinating HELPS!

Options
BMcC9
BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
I was extra-hungry yesterday (don't know why! Had the usual volume and combinations of food on hand) and COULD have pro-actively dealt with it by going to (a) Tim Horton's or (b) convience store or (c) full scale grocery store all within a block of the office.

I procrastinated leaving the office (on purpose as a "delay tactic" ) and ended up having 2 extra cups of peppermint tea plus 2 rice cakes added to my usual PM Snack graze.

Any other stories when "positive procrastination" helped you?

Replies

• marretcat
    marretcat Posts: 4
    Options
    lol... procrastination rocks! :) I'd call it 'actively postponing a task' rather than procrastination.
  • pugsley5
    pugsley5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!! I am a teacher, and for some reason become STARVING after school on certain days.. I do sometimes eat like a maniac,but recently discovered if I spend a half an hour doing work in the library (where there is NO food anywhere) the urge passes. Keep the tips coming, they are great!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,378 Member
    Options
    I discovered (on a later day) that portobello mushrooms (those extra large brown ones) are EXTREMELY filling. They are also low-cal alternative protien sources!
  • pugsley5
    pugsley5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yum!! I marinate mine in fat free Italian dressing and grill them..Super good...Be careful with P.B mushrooms and olive oil. They,like egg plant are SUPER absorbant and can become quite high in calories and fat if marinated in too much of any type of oil.