I'm new!

Options
Hey everyone! I have been reading for weeks about going paleo and I am ready to jump on board. One problem though- I HATE most all vegetables.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to train myself to enjoy them? I'm so used to eating crap.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• lys617
    lys617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Drench them in good healthy fats (like butter, olive oil, or coconut oil). It makes them even more yummy!
  • concerto3
    concerto3 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I wasn't much of a vegetable fan either, but as you cut out all the other fake processed crap food, you will find your taste for things like fruit and veggies far improves naturally! I love them now like I never thought I would before? Once you adjust to not having unhealthy fats, sugars and additives your palette will change to appreciate whole, natural foods as nature intended.
  • jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wasn't much of a vegetable fan either, but as you cut out all the other fake processed crap food, you will find your taste for things like fruit and veggies far improves naturally! I love them now like I never thought I would before? Once you adjust to not having unhealthy fats, sugars and additives your palette will change to appreciate whole, natural foods as nature intended.

This! I was just the same, but as I committed to getting rid of processed food, and I started to actually eat more veggies and fruits, I started to actually like them. I'm still not completely paleo, but I have a ton of veggies in my diet now and I love it.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    welcome.
    I rarely ate veggies - bread and meat.
    I would eat corn and beans mostly - so I thought I would starve.

I just started experimenting. I simply had to tell myself that my dislike of veggies was mental, just like my love of bread.
    and I started eating them. In volume.
    I do love putting an expensive balsamic vinegar on top in addition to cooking them in oils.
    Take this as an opportunity to try something you never have.

I joined an organic crop share and get a box of veggies each week. Contents are random and usually 50% something I don't even know what it is.
    I now eat more veggies than most vegetarians.