Water, water, water

I see a lot of folks in various posts saying they are feeling bloated and constipated when starting the EM2WL journey. I just want to throw out there that even though you feel full, drink water. Drink a big glass before your meals. Drink a glass between meals. Drink when you get up and before you go to bed. Yes, you will be tinkling a lot more, but it will help with both problems.

My doctor recently told me that one should drink and ounce of water for every pound of body weight.:noway: because I was complaining about the same symptoms (even before starting to eat more). That day I went home and started chugging to get some relief...within 24 hours I felt much better.

Now, I have to admit, I don't do an ounce per pound every day...slosh, slosh...but I can tell when I haven't had enough. I especially have to up the water when I have had higher sodium levels.

So drink up folks :drinker:

As a side note, if you are still having trouble "getting things moving", a magnesium supplement may be beneficial. (it draws water in where you need it to help things along. http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-998-MAGNESIUM.aspx?activeIngredientId=998&activeIngredientName=MAGNESIUM

Replies

• MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    I thought it was half your body weight in ounces of water. Regardless, I agree. Drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day are super beneficial. And often times, dehydration can be disguised as hunger pangs. If I'm feeling like I want something to eat, even tho it's nowhere near time for a meal/snack, I drink some warm water with lemon or hot weak tea. That totally helps.

And since I've started EM2WL, my irregularity has become more regular. And tinkling a lot more helps flush out toxins in your body as well.

BTW, techmom, your dress in you profile photo is super cute.
  • techmom29
    techmom29 Posts: 103
    BTW, techmom, your dress in you profile photo is super cute.

Thanks! It was the dress I wore to my son's wedding (less the wrinkles. ):smile: