WILL YOU JOIN ME?

Options
savedchild8
savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
AFFIRMATION:

Today I will NOT be afraid to try something new, as long as it is beneficial for my overall well-being!

My weight did not accumulate overnight.....so I will learn to be patient with myself.....not over do and harm myself....but instead..... be grateful for every gradual change towards a healthier ME! :flowerforyou:
****************************************************************************************************************************************

Good Morning!!

How is everyone doing! :flowerforyou:

Just say GREAT, and then make it happen! :wink:

Well I did something that should go in the record books for me: :bigsmile:

I started modified "PUSHUPS" .... 5 wall pushups, and 5 knee pushups...... after my stationary bike riding. :smile:

Trust me...THIS IS A MIRACLE FOR ME.

Being born with lung issues forced me to adapt to a very sedentary lifestyle from a tot. Steroids were a part of my life until 1999 when I decided...enough is enough!!! My faith, and the holistic choice of living saved my life when doctors thought I was finished!! I LOVE SHARING, AND ENCOURAGING OTHERS WHENEVER I CAN!

I'm not where I totally want to be, BUT THANK GOD I'M STILL ALIVE TO DREAM, AND SET GOALS!

My work keeps me more sedentary because the bulk of my day is sitting at a desk mentoring. (mainly single parents)

Lifestyle Changes:

1) I am starting my day even earlier (5am),

2) I have added excercise as a part of my devotional time

3) I AM PLANNING MY MEALS AHEAD OF TIME , SO THEY WON'T PLAN ME
(as much as a week IN ADVANCE) :bigsmile:

4) I will not be working into the late, late hours (as often) ....Use to keep appointments as late as 9pm....I know..MADNESS!

5) I will not be eating at my desk anymore AND will start taking a 1 hour lunch break, and two 15 min. devotional/excercise breaks. My office is in the home....I set my own hours....... so I can be very flexible.

I LOVE encouraging others, but it is time I add quality "ME" time to my schedule.

WILL YOU JOIN ME?

Lots of love .... ((hugs))

SMILE NOW!!

MAKE IT A BRIGHTER DAY!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!

Note: The more you weigh, the more energy you will use to push yourself up. That is why, according to Fatburn.com, a 200-lb. person will burn 13 calories in a minute of pushups. It might not sound like a lot, but a three-calorie increase (over the calorie total for a 150-pound person) is actually a lot for a minute of activity. A 200-lb. person will burn 64 calories in 5 minutes of pushups. Similarly, a lighter person will burn fewer calories doing pushups. A 130-lb. person will burn only eight calories during a minute of pushups, and 41 calories during 5 minutes.

Replies

• savedchild8
    savedchild8 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing?
  • JDsons
    JDsons Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of planks? Those work on arms, core back & legs! It's similar to the push-up, you just hold in place without going down like you would with a push -up! So no push just holding your self up!! Lol!