Diet ideas and tips

Options
Jade17694
Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
Everything diet related can be posted here: ideas, meal plans, tips, suggestions, questions etc :smile:

Replies

• poohbearhunney
    poohbearhunney Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Loving this thread. I'm interested in hearing what others are doing. I'm TRYING the more clean approach, but I honestly struggle. So would love any and all advice, tips, and meal ideas!!!
  • Jade17694
    Options
    Awesome! Loving this thread. I'm interested in hearing what others are doing. I'm TRYING the more clean approach, but I honestly struggle. So would love any and all advice, tips, and meal ideas!!!

So am i. I can't seem to eat 'just' clean. I always end up eating something i shouldn't :ohwell:
  • poohbearhunney
    poohbearhunney Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lol! I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's always an after thought for me too...like "Oh man...that wasn't clean!"

I suppose if I'm trying, and get 80% clean that's better than the alternative.

So, anyone want to share their go-to meals? We should start with dinner...since that's my hardest!!!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I don't or can't eat completely clean. My main meals are mostly clean/balanced, but I don't have any food restrictions and eat everything in moderation.
  • Jade17694
    Options

So, anyone want to share their go-to meals? We should start with dinner...since that's my hardest!!!

Good idea - anyone?
  • THTchristina
    THTchristina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Protein powder can be used in so many ways! I use them to creat pancakes, subbing them for flour. Also you could add them in oatmeal and other foods :)
  • pachamb
    pachamb Posts: 52
    Options

Good idea - anyone?

Some of my favorite dinners are fajita salad with steak or chicken, and stuffed tomatoes I make it just like a meatloaf minus the bread crumbs and stuff my tomatoes YUM!
  • Jade17694
    Options

Good idea - anyone?

Some of my favorite dinners are fajita salad with steak or chicken, and stuffed tomatoes I make it just like a meatloaf minus the bread crumbs and stuff my tomatoes YUM!

That sounds really good! :bigsmile:
  • Desmonema
    Desmonema Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Try the recipes of David Kirsch!! They are low carb high protein and totally go together with what bodyrock.tv suggest for healthy foods. He's got lovely recipes (I love the turkey bake and almond-lentil-bake for example); the only snag is that you might add a few more calories here and there, a few more nuts, a little bit more healthy oil or just adapt the quantities in the recipes in general. I think the calories per day in his approach are far too low, but the recipes are great. If you want me to post some recipes, I'll be happy to do so. Let me know what you'd prefer.
    Also try the recipes on bodyrock.tv; amazing stuff! Today I brought the pumpkin pie to the office for my colleagues birthday and people were really excited! Also tried the powerballs recently, which were a total success and totally yummy!
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    Try the recipes of David Kirsch!! They are low carb high protein and totally go together with what bodyrock.tv suggest for healthy foods. He's got lovely recipes (I love the turkey bake and almond-lentil-bake for example); the only snag is that you might add a few more calories here and there, a few more nuts, a little bit more healthy oil or just adapt the quantities in the recipes in general. I think the calories per day in his approach are far too low, but the recipes are great. If you want me to post some recipes, I'll be happy to do so. Let me know what you'd prefer.
    Also try the recipes on bodyrock.tv; amazing stuff! Today I brought the pumpkin pie to the office for my colleagues birthday and people were really excited! Also tried the powerballs recently, which were a total success and totally yummy!

The almond lentil loaf sounds lovely, could you post that one? I haven't looked at the recipes on bodyrock.tv so will def check these out.
  • Desmonema
    Options
    Hi again,
    yep I'll just post some of my favorites tonight after work!
  • Desmonema
    Options
    Heyho! Back again and here's the recipe for the almond-lentil-bake of David Kirsch:

portions: 6

ingredients:
    2 medium eggwhites
    1 carrot, finely chopped
    1 medium stalk of celery finely chopped
    0.5 Tbs olive oil
    1 clove of garlic
    1 1/2 tsp thyme
    1/2 tsp salt
    2 pinches of pepper
    30 whole almonds, chopped
    10 tbs brown lentils, dry
    1 red onion, finely diced
    1 tbs wholewheat flour (or whatever you want to use... oatmeal is great as well)

Preparation:

1. Boil the cup of lentils in three cups of water for 45 mins, then put them aside.
    2. Saute onion and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes, then add carrot and celery, fry for another few minutes, turn off and let it cool down.
    3.Mix almonds with lentils in a bowl and add the veggie-mixture; put the eggwhite and spices in
    4. Mix everything very thoroughly and fill it into 6 little ceramic pots or one big one (just something non-stick, you can spray it with cooking spray before)
    5.bake for about 45 mins at 180 degrees until the top turns crispy

Hope you guys enjoy this one!!
  • jj3120
    Options
    Thanks, I wil definately be trying this!!
  • Desmonema
    Options
    Do so!! I usually have it with salad with the most gorgeous ginger-soy-dressing, I'll post that recipe later!!
  • jj3120
    Options
    I made the almond lentil loaf today, It was lovely!!

I used 2 whole eggs as I didn't have any egg whites in. I'm going to freeze a portion for my roast dinner on sunday and will have the rest over the week - only me that eats it!

Thanks again for the recipe : )
  • Desmonema
    Options
    You're so welcome, glad you liked it!!

If you want more, let me know! I love the cauliflower hash and also the turkey-mince-loaf..... and sooooo many more!
    At the moment, my total favorite is the 'broccoli fat loss' recipe on bodyrock. It is amazing!

And here as promised the ginger-soy dressing!
    (that's just about 2 or 3 servings, feel free to use doubles or less)

2 tbs rice vinegar
    2 tbs water
    1 tbs reduced salt soy sauce
    1 tsp fresh ginger, mashed
    1 tsp rapeseed oil
    1 tsp sesame seeds
    fresh cracked pepper
    add some stevia or honey (I prefer stevia)

One of the best and most loved salad dressings in my home!! Try it and you'll be hooked!!! ;o)
  • jj3120
    Options
    I made the cinnamon toast recipe on rodyrock, very nice and easy to do.
  • Desmonema
    Options
    Oh that's a good idea, I should try that toast as well! Sounds yummy! (but only for post-workout recovery.... because of the many carbs!)
  • Jade17694
    Options
    I've also tried the cinnamon toast - its really good so long as you don't over do it on the egg.
  • jj3120
    Options
    I don't have a problem with carbs or eggs!

I spent a lot of years under-eating and my weight yo-yo ing. I am finally eating! and losing weight : ) I don't eat many processed foods now and have switched to real whole foods rather than 'diet' foods. Never felt better.

My macros are set at 40/30/30 & I'm pretty good at hitting them now. (considering before mfp my carbs way outdid my protien and good fats!)

For me at the moment this is sustainable and is working & I appreciate that others here eat different to me : )