Anybody else tried Youbars?

Options
jcpmoore
jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
I don't know about y'all, but I am always in desperate need of easy breakfast and snack options. During the week I eat breakfast at work and I'm starving by the time I leave so I need a snack. I prefer something that's easy. I can bring hard-boiled eggs some weeks, which I do, but I can't have them every day. I like shakes, though they take some work I have a fridge to keep my soy milk in and I can mix them up with minimal fuss. Same with bars. But most meal bars are loaded with sugar and carbs! So comes the question...

Has anyone else tried building your own nutrition bars at youbars.com? I'm curious to find out if anyone's found a reasonably low-carb recipe for a bar that doesn't fall apart. The lowest carb count I could get was 15g of carbs, 5g fiber, so that's still 10 g of carbs. Okay for a snack once in awhile, but not gonna be a daily treat on the induction phase, kwim?

The shakes were easy, though. I was easily able to make a good shake with only 1 net carb. That'll come in a week or so and I'll find out if the recipe really works.

Anyone else?

Replies

• damuchi429
    damuchi429 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is the first I am hearing of youbars. I will definitely check it out. Have you tried the ATkins bars? I have them and they net only 3 carbs.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Atkins bars, but they are just too sweet for me. I am weird I guess in that I don't like things to taste that sweet. The Youbars I created I told them to make "not so sweet" and they were true to my request. They taste like dark chocolate to me, which i love!

The shakes I'm not too sure about, though. 1 net carb, but I have yet to figure out how to truly get them dissolve well. Hm. I might need to get a battery-op mixer.